《Chapter 66》

"Haddock?"

I looked up as my name was called. It was the doctor. I shot to my feet. "How is she?" I asked, my voice straining. I was sweating. Gods, I hope Astrid was okay.

"Let's just go into a more private place, don't you think?" I followed him into a smaller room, where we were not surrounded by sick people.

"Is Astrid okay?" I asked desperately. My body started to shake. I couldn't get angry now! Astrid is hurt! I attempted to calm myself as I took deep breaths.

"Astrid is fine. What caused her bleeding is that the stitches somehow got loose and ended up cutting her body slightly. But she's okay, no need to worry."

"Is she awake? Can I see her?" I grabbed my hand which had begun to clench into a fist.

"You may see her," the doctor replied. "Same room as before." I quickly thanked him, running out the room as fast as possible.

I tugged Astrid's door open. I found her lying in bed, her hands clenching the bed sheets. I closed the door quietly.

"Hey, baby . . . " I said, cautious whether she was angry or not. Luckily her scowl softened as she saw me approach.

"Hey," Astrid replied flatly. She un-clenched one of her hands and grabbed mine, interlocking our fingers. She pulled me closer.

I moved a strand of hair out of her eyes, behind her ear. I let my hand linger there. "How are you feeling?"

Astrid groaned miserably. "Like shit. But I'm coming out the hospital tomorrow."

I nodded, unable to reply. I looked down at her body. I tugged on the edge of her shirt, looking at her face. Astrid nodded, staring as I pulled her shirt up her body.

Her stomach was all white due to it being wrapped up in bandages. There was bruises all around the edge. There were probably more under the covers.

Astrid winced as I placed my hand gently on her side. I apologised quietly.

"I can't believe this happened to you. It should be me lying there in pain, not you." I sighed, sitting on the edge of her bed. Astrid pulled me in for a kiss.

"It wasn't your fault . . . " Astrid whispered. My phone vibrated. With my free hand I reached into my pocket and pulled it out.

I groaned quietly. "I gotta go." A hand on my forearm stopped me from pulling away.

"Stay with me," Astrid pleaded. I couldn't resist her face, plus I wanted to spend as much as my time with her.

"Okay," I decided. I slid on the bed, wrapping my arms around Astrid. She buried her head into my shoulder.

"Sleep well baby." I kissed Astrid's forehead gently. Within minutes, I fall asleep.

I know, I'm sorry! A short chapter! Gosh, I'm mean. I'll make it up to you guys, promise!