《Chapter 42》

As I walked into school that morning, my hand began to hurt. Only because it was wrapped in bandages. I couldn't move my fingers of my right hand which I punched the window with.

Everyone was staring at me as I jogged through the cafeteria, seeing Astrid and Flynn on a table. I sat in front of them. Just like everyone else, they stared at my hand.

Astrid didn't make eye contact with me. I guess she was still annoyed. I don't particularly think that she meant what she said last night. I hope so anyway.

She went back to staring at her phone while Flynn talked to me.

"What happened?"

I glanced at Astrid. "Nothing. I just fell."

"O-kay." Flynn knew I was lying but he didn't push me. As soon as the bell rang, I stormed towards 1st lesson which was Music.

I got there early, sitting down on the edge. Flynn got there a few minutes later, Astrid behind him. Flynn came over and sat in the middle.

But Astrid sat in the spare seat next to Jay's. As she took her phone out, Jay entered the room. I glared at his back as he sat down.

I noticed he was . . . different today. He always moved closer as Astrid moved away. I growled quietly as Astrid got stuck against the edge of the table.

Jay moved his hands up her leg, her hips, her sides and her neck. Astrid tried to pull away but he had a firm grip.

I stood up but Flynn grabbed me, shaking his head.

I looked at Astrid, she kept pushing Jay away but he kept coming back.

That was it.

I roared loudly, not realising I had shifted and launched myself at Jay, careful not to hit Astrid. We hit the floor, Jay thrashing his arms around.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt, dragging him out of the classroom. Outside stood Mr Sauce, frozen in shock, staring at me.

I snarled at him. He ran into the classroom so fast I saw his body flash by like a blur.

I turned, ready to advance towards Jay but I couldn't see him.

Great. The bastard got away, again.

I scratched at the classroom door. Flynn let me in, locking the door behind me.

Mr Sauce stayed in the edges of the room. If I moved a paw, he would scream.

I turned to Flynn. Any way to knock him out?

Flynn just nodded, walking over to the teacher and squeezing a pressure point in his neck gently. As he fainted, I went over to Astrid.

My head was a few inches above hers. Hey.

"Hey." She mumbled.

I sat on my hind legs, putting my snout on the table. I'm sorry. I got angry and I took it out on you.

"No," she said, sternly, "I'm the one who should be apologising. I'm the one who made you angry. I'm the one who left."

But -

"Shh." Astrid whispered. "Now let's have a human hug, shall we?"

As soon as I shifted back, I threw away the table that was blocking me from my girlfriend. I launched at her, grabbing her waist and pulling her close. My free hand lay on the back of her head.

"Astrid." I mumbled, looking up and gazing into her eyes.

Before I could say anything else, Astrid moved forward and our lips locked. We both tilted our heads, making the kiss deeper. Her lips felt soft and smooth against mine, like they always do.

We kissed for a couple more minutes before I pulled away. Astrid leant her forehead against mine, breathing heavily.

"Don't leave me again," I whispered, "please."

Astrid shook her head. "I won't."

I let her go, grabbing the table that I threw and put it back where it belonged. Astrid sat on top of it, gazing at me as I sorted my shirt out.

I smirked, realising she was checking me out. I pointed secretly at Astrid. Flynn laughed which broke her out of her trance.

She quirked her eyebrow staring at both of us. Astrid shot her head back to me as I stood in between her legs, my hands resting on her thighs.

"Hey there," I said in the deepest voice possible. I thought it would work . . . it didn't.

She smacked the back of my head. "I'm sorry!"

Astrid pulled her self to the edge of the table, locking her arms around my neck and pulling me even closer.

"Woah," I said as I regained my balance. I squeezed her legs gently. "Come on you big baby, let's go entertain pupils with our airbending."

Astrid laughed. "Nah, I'm okay."

"Suit yourself."

Astrid screamed when I picked her up bridal style. I bounced up and down. "You coming Flynn?"

He shrugged. "Sure, it might be funny."

Flynn shifted as we ran down the stairs, out of the building, heading over to the cafeteria.

"H - H - Harry! P-P-Put m-me d-down!" Astrid stuttered.

I stopped outside the entrance. "Ooh, sorry Astrid." I put her down. She stumbled on her feet, shaking her head.

She held her hand up. "I'm OK." Astrid's body tipped sideways. I caught her in my arms. "I'm fine," she mumbled.

Flynn handed me a bottle of water which he was holding in his mouth. I ripped it open, splashing water over Astrid's face.

Her eyes went wide. "I'm good." She patted my arm.

Everyone looked at me and Astrid as we stormed through the cafeteria doors. They all stopped talking and eating and just stared at us.

I made a tiny ball of hair in my hand. Most of their jaws dropped, even the teacher's.

I narrowed my eyes, looking in between the crowded tables. Then I stopped. At the end of the corridor, on a single table with two chairs, was Jay.

I glared at him, the ball of air getting bigger. I struck my hand out, a stream of air hitting Jay, sliding him across the floor. I knew he was too weak to shift, so this was my chance.

I ran over and picked him up by the collar of his shirt, dragging him over to Astrid.

"Apologise." He was quiet. "Now!" I snarled.

He huffed. "I'm sorry, Astrid."

I didn't give her a chance to reply. Instead, I slammed Jay against the wall. Jay thought back and I made the mistake of loosening my grip.

He punched my face. I knew I got angry but that's all I remember till my vision went black.