《Chapter 62》

As soon as we got to the pack house, Harry took us to our hut and bolted the door shut. I slid off his back slowly before he shifted.

Harry gazed at me, his eyes intense. "Astrid, I - I'm sorry but I couldn't think of any other way to keep you safe."

I shook my head. "It's okay, I understand." As I kissed him, his body relaxed, but he didn't smile. "Cheer up, you look so grouchy."

Harry crossed his arms against his chest and pouted. "I can't . . . " he grumbled.

"Why not?"

"I'm focusing on protecting you."

"But Harry . . . I can take care of myself." I sighed, cupping my boyfriend's cheeks with my hands. "Come on, just one smile."

"No."

I rubbed my thumbs over his skin. Harry gave in, smiling softly. He moved, his lips pressed into a thin line against my head.

He breathed slowly. "I love you Astrid. I really, really do."

"I know you do. I love you." I returned the hug as his skinny, but broad arms wrapped around me.

I got my head into a comfortable position on top of his shoulder. I smiled, turning it into a frown. There's something I haven't been telling anyone. Not even Harry.

Plus, it's no one else's business but . . . I had to tell Harry sooner or later. Otherwise, it would be too late.

I jumped as Harry pulled away. "You okay Astrid?" He asked as he sat down on the island, in the kitchen.

I didn't realise I was still standing there. "I - I'm fine!" I said, maybe a little too cheery.

I breathed a silent relief as Harry laughed at me. I laughed awkwardly with him. I quickly left the room, slipping into the bedroom and shutting the door.

My back hit the wood as I slid down to the floor. I buried my head into my hands. How was I supposed to tell him that I had to leave?

He wouldn't be able to cope without me here, especially if I was anywhere near Steve, or Sammy. No, I'm done with them two. One way or another, I'll stop them from taking me away.

Harry knocked quickly. "Is it safe to come in?"

I scrambled to my feet, checking everything was OK. "Yeah, yeah, it's fine." Harry came in as I sat on the bed.

"So I bought some - " Harry stopped and stared at me. He placed the food down before walking slowly towards me. "Have you been crying?"

My hands immediately went to my cheeks and, sure enough, they were wet.

"Uh, yes?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

I wiped them dry.

"Astrid," Harry warned, "what's wrong?" He came and sat next to me, rubbing my leg with his free hand. The other was wrapped around my neck.

I gulped. "I, I'm - I just - I can't. I'm sorry." I buried my head into his shoulder. "I can't tell you right now." I moved up the bed and got under the covers. "I just . . . can't."

I avoided Harry's gaze, burying my head into the mattress. Soon enough, I heard the bedroom door open. After a few seconds it closed.

Harry's never the one to do that. He usually would have been trying to push it out of me. Something's wrong with him . . . I need to know.

I jumped out of bed, quickly opening the door and running into the living room, finding Harry tugging on his hair.

I shook my head slightly, sighing. Harry heard me and he looked up.

"Harry, I - "

I stopped, my side hurting with excruciating pain. I grabbed at the pain as if I could stop it. My hands came away dark and sticky. The edges of my sight blurring, I turned around, seeing a woman standing, smirking as I fell to the floor.

Confused, my eye sight going black and pain coursing through my body, I recognized her. My jaw dropped and I tried to scream, but this time, no sound came out.

The last thing I saw was that Flynn had cornered the attacker as Harry settled my head on his lap. I lay there staring at him. He spoke to me but I couldn't make it out.

The next thing I knew, my sight failed me and all I could see was blackness.