《Chapter 38》

The next morning, I woke up in a completely different room. After a few seconds I realised that we were in Flynn's house.

I gently shook Astrid awake.

"Hey," I said as her eyes fluttered open.

She glared at me, pulling the cover over her head. I snuck under with her.

"Astrid."

She looked up. "What?" Her voice was hoarse and she didn't sound very happy.

"We need to get up." I kissed her nose, grinning at her. "Come on Hofferson."

Astrid sat up straight in bed. "Fine," she said, yawning, stretching her body. She got up, walked over to the wardrobe and opened it, looking for something to wear.

I smiled at her. I'm glad I got to know her, because, if I didn't, my life would have been different to how it is now.

Astrid keeps me happy, she's always there for me, even when we have arguments, she has never left my side. And I'll never leave hers.

I got up - with much difficulty - and stumbled across the room to Astrid.

I stopped behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"What do you want?" She moaned.

"A hug." I kissed her neck softly. "You lost control again..."

"Oh great...I didn't hurt anybody did I?"

"No, no, no. Don't worry about that. What matters is that you're with me now..."

After that we got dressed, went downstairs and got some breakfast. Flynn was already sat down at his island, eating some toast.

"Hey guys."

"Morning," I replied groggily.

I sat down but fell off the chair. I looked down to see I had shifted again. I growled quietly.

I looked around and saw Astrid and Flynn had shifted too.

What's happening? I asked.

This isn't going to be good... Flynn mumbled. It's time.

I looked at Astrid, she shrugged.

What's time? Astrid said.

Just follow me Flynn responded.

He let his animal take over because as he jumped into a sprint he was growling and barking.

Astrid and I exchanged looks, storming after Flynn.

Well, I limped actually. The guys slowed down to a jog for my sake.

We ran all the way to the forest. Flynn stopped at the area surrounded by trees. We're here.

I looked around. Uh, why are we here?
Flynn looked at me, his eyes gleaming. So you can meet your trainers.

I widened my eyes.

My ears twitched and I growled lowly.

Calm down son, it's your father.

I saw my father and Scott walking out of the trees.

Scott walked over to Flynn while my father stood his ground, broad and tall.

Is everyone here?

Yes Alpha Scott replied in a straight voice.

My dad gestured me over. I stumbled across the mossy ground as fast as I could. He nodded at me, looking between Astrid and I.

She was looking around cautiously. I barked at her softly. She jogged over.

I rubbed my head against her neck as I sat down. I saw Scott staring at her and I growled quietly, warning him. He backed up a little.

In the distance, I heard a howl. My dad threw his head back and replied with a longer howl.

There are here my dad told us.

I lay down, Astrid lying next to me. I nipped her ear, licking her face. She narrowed her eyes. I ignored her, rubbing my head against hers, which made her calm down.

Suddenly, I saw another two wolves appear from the trees. One was like me, a black wolf but with big green eyes, presumably male. The other one was white, like Astrid, with yellow eyes and blue markings going across the spine of their back.

Astrid, Hiccup, these are your trainers, Toothless and Stormfly. My dad went over and greeted them.

I stood up and walked over to 'Toothless'.

Nice to finally meet you, Hiccup.

I narrowed my eyes. It's Harry.

Sorry. Harry then. Toothless narrowed his eyes at me, smirking. I growled, walking over to Astrid who was with Stormfly.

Hi, Harry she greeted.

Hey. Nice to meet you, Stormfly.

Ditto Haddock.

I bumped my side into Astrid's who returned it.

Come meet Toothless, Astrid. Come on Stormfly.

Toothless bowed his head as Astrid approached. He went to greet her. I eyed him as he got a little too close to her, his head against hers.

I suddenly found my strength.

I growled menacingly, jumping in between the two, shoving Toothless away.

I continued to growl at him. Stay away from her. She's mine.

Harry, calm down! I was only getting to know her!

Yeah right. I snarled at him.

Do you think I want to take Astrid from you?

I glared at him.

NO. I don't. Do you want to know why? It's because I already have a girlfriend, and she's right there. Stormfly walked over and sat beside Toothless.

I growled quietly, stumbling to the other side of the clearing and lay down, staring at everyone else.

I set my head down.

I didn't notice that Astrid had slid down next to me.

Are you okay?

I glanced at her sideways. No, of course I'm not.

She got up. Well, I'm going to go, until you calm down.

What is wrong with me?

Astrid wait. She waited, her back to me. I'm sorry.

When she didn't reply, I said goodbye and trotted back to my house.

I shifted back, in my room. I got some pyjamas on and got into bed.

After an hour or so, I felt someone slide into the bed.

I faced her. Her hair was messy and she had some dirt on her cheeks. I rubbed it off and took her hair out, running it through my fingers.

"I don't like him," I mumbled.

"Who?"

"Toothless." Astrid kissed me to shut me up.

She pulled away, shrugging and laid her head on my chest.

"Night babe." She whispered.

I kissed her cheek, my lips lingering by her ear. "Night baby."

I knew we started training tomorrow, I just knew.