《Chapter 10》

I look over to Astrid on my back, expecting an answer. She just parted her lips in confusion. She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

Stay close

"Yeah, no kidding," she remarked. I crouched down, taking cover behind a bush as someone walked past a window. Once it was clear, I sneaked around to the back garden.

Flatten your body against mine, now. Astrid did what I told her to do, letting her do my own thing. I walked through our gate, entering my garden. I saw the back door was open, so, I sprinted towards it. I struck my head in, looking around. I quickly snapped my head back when I saw my father walk past.

He suddenly stopped, turned around and walked towards the door we were at. I quickly ran from the door, into the shadows. It was rapidly turning to night without me realising.

I held my breath as my father stepped outside. I saw him sniff the air before sighing heavily. "Harry," he said. "I know you're here, come out." Astrid then jumped off me while I walked out and came in contact with my dad. "You too, Astrid," he said. I widened my eyes and spun my head as I watched Astrid walk out and stand next to me.

How did you-

"Wolf senses. They came in handy," he answered my thoughts. I shook my head in disbelief.

So...all this time, you were a wolf?! And you didn't think to tell me?!

Harry calm down, Astrid told me softly while placing her hand on my back. I shook it off roughly. I felt her sad stare but I just ignored it.

"I did it..." Stoick took a deep breath before continuing. "To...protect you." I felt a deep growl beginning to rise from my throat.

But if you told me sooner, I would have been able to shift earlier and learn more about what I am!

"Incorrect," he replied. "You're generations of wolves only shift when they are 16 or when they start their last year of high school."

YOU STILL SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME! I began snarling at my dad, lowering my body, ready to pounce. The animal that had been happy for the past few days began roaring in anger; it trapped my human side at the back of the mind.

"ASTRID! QUICKLY! GET OVER HERE!" I turned to see Astrid standing before me, scared out of her mind. I began walking towards her, skilfully. When I saw that she moved backwards, I snarled fiercely. She stopped in her tracks. I moved even closer which made her trip up.

I narrowed my eyes at her, revealing my sharp canines. I extended my claws, ready to pounce.

My human side began screaming, banging on the invisible cage, trying to gain control.

Astrid covered her chest and face with her arms, in a protective manner. I snarled louder approaching even closer.

NO! My human side shouted. As I was about to launch at Astrid, I forced my eyes to shut, pushing my human side out of the cage, putting the animal back where it belonged.

My eyes snapped open. I took deep breaths, making myself to calm down. I looked around until I saw Astrid curled up in a ball, sobbing her eyes out. She was shaking uncontrollably, oh gods...what have I done?

Astrid? I took small steps towards her. I then thought of my human body before blacking out.

Astrid's P.O.V

Harry collapsed beside me before reverting back to his human form. I wiped the tears from my eyes before sitting up and kneeling against his side. "Harry?" I whispered.