《Chapter 54》

Me and Harry were at school, with Flynn and Scott opposite us. We were early, as usual, waiting for the bell to signal our first lesson.

Harry was absentmindedly drawing on a piece of paper, not blinking once as he concentrated.

Flynn was getting annoyed at Scott as he tried to explain something about science.

"DNA is not in your brain. It's all over your body. Your DNA is half of you mother's and father's."

Scott shook his head, "No it isn't!"

I smiled to myself as Flynn pinched the bridge of his nose, groaning. I ignored them as they continued to argue, focusing on my phone.

Suddenly my phone rang, startling me. The caller I.D read Sammy. Of course it's Sammy.

I slumped down my chair. "Hi, Sammy . . . You want me to do what? Are you serious? . . . Ok, whatever . . . See you later." I hung up, chucking my phone onto the table. Not literally.

Harry wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I hadn't even realised he stopped drawing. "What's wrong?"

I sighed, crossing my arms. "Stupid Sammy," I mumbled, glaring at my phone.

Harry placed his lips at my ear. "What about her?"

"She wants me to help Jay with something but she didn't say. She said if I didn't, she would ground me, including banning from seeing you."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed. "What's the point in that?"

"Exactly my point!" I exclaimed, a little too loudly. "I'm not helping him, I don't care. I can just sneak out."

"Ooh, someone's starting to be a badass."

I glared at him. "What you talking about? I've always been a badass."

He laughed, his lips grazing my cheek.
"I'll be right back," I say, getting up and walking out the cafeteria. I went to my locker, opening it and getting out the books I needed.

When I slammed my locker shut, I didn't expect to see Jay standing right behind me.

"What do you want? If it's about tonight, I'm busy." I narrowed my eyes as Jay shrugged.

Maybe Harry was right. Maybe I shouldn't trust him. I mean, he always acts suspicious but seems innocent.

"When are you free then?"

"Never," I said, walking away from him. Luckily he didn't follow me.

As I got back into the cafeteria, I saw Harry and Scott arm wrestling. Scott was going purple as Harry laughed.

"Scott just let go, you're gonna kill yourself," I said as I sat down. Scott took a deep breath, inspecting his red hand.

Harry pulled me close without warning. "Harry!" I hissed, slapping his chest. "Stop doing that."

He ignored me, pulling me onto his lap. "You know I never will," he mumbled against my neck.

"That's the problem." It sounded true but I smiled at the end.

I shuddered as he pecked kisses up and down my neck. "Stop it," I muttered.

Before he could reply, the bell rang. I jumped up, about to run to first lesson when Harry pulled me back.

"We'll be late!" Harry stared at me, stepping forward as I stepped back. My back hit a wall.

Again? I thought. Seriously?