《Chapter 60》

I was sat in the living room, just chilling when Hiccup came in.

I jumped as I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Dude! Don't ever do that again!"

"Sorry," Hiccup said, sighing as he sat down next to me. I didn't realise I was looking at his, um, metal leg but I couldn't help it. I couldn't really ask what happened so I decided to leave it.

I noticed his dim expression. I placed my phone down. "Hey, what's wrong?"

He looked at me from the corner of his eye. "Nothing important," he mumbled. Toothless came in, immediately running to Hiccup's side. "Hey bud," he said as Hiccup stroked Toothless' head. Toothless purred happily.

"I saw you staring at Astrid earlier."

Hiccup coughed. "Y-you did?"

I nodded slowly. "Here's a tip." Hiccup leaned in closer. "Ask her out! Can we call you guys by modern names too? Uh, no offence."

Hiccup completely ignored the part where I said ask her out. "Yeah sure, as long as they're sensible."

I laughed. This guy is definitely like me - annoyingly sarcastic. "Of course they're sensible. Haiden for you and Ally for Astrid."

The two girls walked in as Hiccup - sorry, Haiden - was about to reply. I smiled at the two girls. Astrid was dressed in a casual outfit, her long silk blonde hair in a braid across her left shoulder, a smaller braid going through the top of it.

Her fringe was clipped back. I mean, she was only wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt, but wow, she looked amazing.

Ally had a similar style in clothing to Astrid. She had some ripped skinny jeans on, black converse's and a checked shirt. As soon as I saw Hiccup's reaction, I knew he was head over heels for this girl.

He gasped. "Astrid, you look - you . . . Wow . . . "

Astrid raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah, I'm, uh fine, just fine." Hiccup told them their new names as I got up and went over to Astrid.

My arm slipped around her. "Looking beautiful as always." I kissed her cheek, causing her to place her hand on my cheek and push me away playfully. My lips pressed her ear. "I was being serious."

"I know," she whispered back. I gripped Astrid's hand, reassuring myself that she was still with me.

I heard Haiden scream before I saw a black figure on top of him. I laughed loudly. "Toothless," I scolded. The dragon suddenly turned and sprinted towards me. "No, no, no. Ah! Toothless! I didn't ask for this!" He knocked me and Astrid off our feet. Astrid's fall was cushioned whereas mine was not.

Toothless finally let us get up after a lot of persuading and promised fish.

I dusted myself off. I pointed an accusing finger at Haiden. "Keep your dragon under control, Haddock."

Haiden raised his hands in defence. "Toothless, down." The stubborn dragon complied, going over to sulk in a corner.

Astrid and Ally laughed at us. When I looked at them, I imagined that they could have been twins. Astrid had a similar expression to mine. She must be wondering the same thing.

But Ally and Haiden didn't belong her. Soon, they will forget about their lives in the Viking times. I had no idea how I knew that.

But what I did know was that they needed to go home, within a least a month. If they don't . . . gods know what will happen to them.

Astrid touched my arm. "Are you okay?"

I didn't realise I was scowling. "I'm fine," I mumbled, pinching the bridge of my nose. Thinking on how to send those guys home was giving me a headache.

I smiled at the sight of Ally and Haiden joking around. He would occasionally rub the back of his neck.

My smile turned into a frown. Astrid pressed her lips to my ear. "Seriously, are you okay?" I gave her a look.

Not here, later.

Astrid nodded hastily, pulling me into the kitchen. She jumped onto the table, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Seen Jay lately?" I blurted out.

"No," Astrid snapped, "why would I see Jay?"

"I don't know, because he's technically your half brother."

"Why have you suddenly just brought this up?" Astrid asked.

"Doesn't matter." I sighed. "Can I ask, how was your relationship with Scott?"

Astrid jumped to her feet. "It was shit okay? I don't want to talk about it."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because it doesn't matter!" Astrid yelled.

"Why?" I shouted.

"It's in the past, Harry!"

"Was he nice to you? Charming? Protective?"

"I've already said this and I'll say it again. I moved on and now I have you. That's all I could ever ask for." Astrid sounded pissed but hurt at the same time.

"But how can I trust you when you never tell me things?!"

Astrid stared at me. "What are you talking about?"

"You never tell me things anymore. I feel like you don't trust me!" My shouts echoed off the walls.

"That's not true! I always tell you things!"

"Prove it then!" I hissed. Astrid eyes widened. "Exactly my point." I turned and froze when I saw Haiden and Ally staring at me and Astrid.

I glanced behind me at Astrid. She was staring at the floor.

"I'm going to my room," I growled. I pushed past Haiden and Ally roughly, running up the stairs. As soon as I walked into my room, I slammed the door shut.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed in frustration. I stormed over to my bookcase, ripping out the books from the shelves and throwing them around.

I turned and slammed my fists against my wall. I felt tears stinging my eyes as I repeatedly slammed my fists. I've been a jerk. I should go apologise.

I shouldn't have lashed out like that. I was just annoyed, I guess . . .

I ripped open my bedroom door, sprinting as fast as I could into the kitchen. I looked around but I couldn't see any of them.

"They're on the sofa." I turned to see Haiden staring at me. "You shouldn't have shouted at her. We heard the whole thing."

"Of course you did," I muttered as I walked past him. I found Ally comforting Astrid on the sofa. Ally saw me as I walked over, giving us some space.

In silence, I sat down and dragged Astrid onto my lap. She immediately breathed in deeply, her nose brushing against my neck. I wrapped my arms around her, rocking her back and forth in a slow motion.

I buried my head into her neck. "I'm sorry baby, oh gods, I am really sorry. I don't know what came over me." I felt Astrid nod as she sniffed. "You don't deserve me . . . You deserve someone better than me. You're perfect! You're so brave! But not me! I'm the worst wolf shifter there is. Surely . . . you'll find someone who deserves you more than I do."

Astrid looked up, but I couldn't. "No, no . . . " Surprised, I stared at her confused. She hugged me closer,  "I don't want anyone else beside me. For me, you are perfect as you are . . . "

I stared at her in shock. "Astrid . . . " She kissed me. I didn't hesitate to kiss her back. It was a slow, gentle kiss, no rushing involved.

I pulled away. "Thank you baby. I've never felt so happy before . . . " I kissed her forehead before we both fell asleep, tangled in each other's arms.