《Chapter 50》

We're here I said, stopping at the entrance. The pack house was made entirely out of wood. It was more like a tree house than an actual house.

There were stairs leading up to the main part of the house - the main hall. My father showed me an image of this a couple of days ago and he explained how to find it.

From the main hall were flights of stairs leading to different little huts. Most contained small little studios but there were some random shops and other things.

Let's go. I wasn't going to shift back as my leg was still sore. I managed to limp up the stairs, one by one, with three legs. It was difficult but I did it.

The other guys shifted as we stopped outside the main hall doors.

Flynn. Scott. You know where your rooms are. Me and Astrid will see you later. They nodded, running away in opposite places.

Come on Astrid.

It took me about ten minutes to get up two flights of stairs. I was pretty proud of myself.

Here we are. I gestured to the double doors. Would you mind?

Astrid stepped forward and opened them. She gasped as she took in the room.

I smiled a dog smile, watching her walk in and admire everything. All the rooms were furnished with modern furniture.

The small kitchen was black and white, an island sat in the middle. The family room had a 7 seater sofa - or couch - shaped like an L. It had a smart 50' TV with various gaming consoles.

I followed Astrid as she walked into the bedroom. It had a double bed with a huge window to the side of it, the view of a beautiful wood, the trees as green as emeralds.

There wasn't anything special about the bathroom except it was an en - suite.

"Wow . . . " Astrid exclaimed quietly. She spun in a full circle, stopping to face me.

It's good, right? This could be our 'get away' place. I mean, if you want it to be.

"Harry. It's perfect."

I smiled, going over to the bed and jumping on with much difficulty. Astrid, would you mind getting me some medicine? It's in the kitchen. First cupboard on your right.

"Sure." She ruffled my head before strolling out. I breathed in the scent of fresh air. It smelt good. I lay on my side, placing my head on my leg.

Astrid came in within a few minutes and my head shot up to see her. She sat on the bed, crossing her legs and placing a bowl in front of me.

I still gag at the smell of it. As I manage to swallow it, I retch afterwards.

The medicine soon shifted me back. I examined my legs to see a bruise forming on the left, but, other than that, they were in good condition.

"Phew," I mumbled. I gestured for Astrid to come closer as I leant against the headboard of the bed.

Astrid curled up to my side, her head on my chest. I kissed her head, my lips lingering in her hair. "You okay?" I muttered.

"Just tired," she sighed, leaning closer into me. My arm wrapped around her waist.

"Sleep then."

Astrid looked up at me. "But I'd prefer to stay up with you . . . "

"Of course you would." I laughed at her, pecking her nose. She returned the gesture. "So what do you wanna do?"

"Just stay here, lying with you."