《Chapter 49》

The next day was school so me and Astrid quickly got dressed, turned to wolves and ran all the way to school. We saw Flynn and Scott on the way so we decided to run together.

When we got to school, we went straight to the field, messing around with each other.

Hey! Scott shouted. Let's play a game. He stood up and stretched his limbs. He went over to Flynn. Let's wrestle.

Scott pounced onto Flynn and they began rolling around the ground. They swatted paws at each other's faces.

Scott accidentally scratched Flynn, whom, may I say, got a little bit angry.

That's it!

By little I mean Flynn chased Scott around the whole field.

Astrid and I watched, laughing at both of them.

I'm sorry! Scott shouted, but he couldn't stop laughing.

Astrid was lingering near me, our sides against each other.

I tured to face her. Hey, wanna race?

She shook her head. I'm fine.

I nudged her head. Come on, it'll be fun. I shot up, standing in front of her, sticking my rear end in the air and wagging my tail. Please?

Alright, alright. She stood up as I circled around her. In the distance I saw Flynn had pinned down Scott.

Race you to the idiots?

Astrid narrowed her eyes. Your on.

3, 2, 1, GO! I kinda cheated. I started running at the number one but Astrid soon caught up.

The feeling of sprinting with 4 legs was incredible. My heart was thumping against my chest, my paws scraping the grass off of the soil, everything else zooming past me.

My energy had met its maximum limit. I was going hyper! The wind rattling against my fur, the fact that the person I loved the most was right by my side.

I glanced sideways at her. Scott and Flynn were only a couple of metres ahead. I smirked, increasing my speed and taking over Astrid. She stared at me in shock as I jumped over the guys wrestling and skidding to a stop.

HA. I puffed out my chest. I won.

I fell to the ground, lying on my back, my paws in the air. Astrid came and stood over me.

An eyebrow raised. What?

Nothing, it's just, you were acting different.

I rolled onto my side. Different how?

Astrid sighed. It doesn't matter.

I scrambled to my feet and jogged after her as she began to walk away.

I blocked her from walking anywhere else. Astrid. My voice sounded confused, hurt. Tell me.

It was your -

She didn't finish her sentence. Instead she collapsed, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. She stayed as a wolf.
Astrid! I must have screamed loud in my head as Scott and Flynn came over immediately.

What happened? Scott exclaimed as he studied Astrid's body.

I don't know! She just collapsed! I suddenly became very protective of her. I growled if Flynn or Scott came any closer.