《Chapter 18》

These past few days at school have been really rough . . .

It's kinda hard to avoid the person you love . . . especially when you cannot even look at them.

Ever since me and Harry decided to avoid each other, I haven't slept or eaten properly.

I mean, in the school mornings, I see him and Flynn sitting opposite each other, laughing about random shit.

But as soon as I come near, Harry just gets up and walks away. I understand why he does that. It is not just difficult for me - he struggles too.

Stoick still needs to tell us more information about the wolf shifters but something has to come up.

For example, me shifting for the first time or Harry losing control . . .

We're going to have to meet up together sooner or later . . .

At school on the following Friday, I had just arrived and was sitting opposite Flynn. We were waiting for the bell to signal our first lesson - double science.

I groaned loudly as Flynn raises his eyebrows at me. After a few minutes, the bell goes and my - best - friend has to literally drag me to our class.

As we got in the classroom, I realised that we were late. Everyone was seated . . . even Harry. Although . . . he was sat in his original seat at the back.

Before Flynn got the seat on the left, I shoved him so I wouldn't get stuck in the middle.

As soon as we were settled we got on with our work and talked. By 'we' I mean Harry and Flynn. I was stuck at the end, trying to finish my work.

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Something Stoick said caught up.

They may be able to learn and master the main four elements and more . . .

If I'm being honest, that would be pretty cool. But if I could only master one...It would have to be fire. I mean...who wouldn't want to control fire??

I broke out of my thoughts as Flynn snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Harry staring at me. He must've figured out that I had seen him because he turned a dark type of red colour.

I grinned secretly before getting back to my work.

It was now break. I was on the field, at the back, sitting alone. I'm guessing Harry was in the cafeteria with you know who.

I decided to give them some space so they could have a proper conversation without be interrupting.

I was minding my own business when I heard someone walking towards me. I stood up and turned to see the guy I hate the most.

"What do you want, Snotlout? I hissed, narrowing my eyes. Luckily he was alone . . . For once.

"Just hear me out," he pleaded. I huffed before gesturing for him to continue. "I'm sorry. I know, you hate me and everything but but I just wanted to say that...I miss you. I miss you Astrid and I won't ever stop missing you." I gagged. "I want it to be like old times. I want more memories."

We haven't got one single happy memory! I screamed . . . in my head of course.

"Will you take be back?" I'm gonna admit it, I'm shocked. But I will never take him back. Ever. When he started to advance towards me, I held up my hand.

"Stop." I told him. He wouldn't listen. Our bodies were so close now that I could smell his breath. It wasn't very nice...

I tried to push him away but he gripped my arms.

"Let me go!" I shouted. He still wouldn't listen.

Ignorant bastard...

"Let. Me. Go!" I screamed. Then, a force blew out my outstretched hand, knocking Snotlout a few metres away. To me, it looked like a jet of...of air...
It was like a blue-y-grey sort of colour . . .

I widened my eyes, bringing my hand to my face, starting at my palm. I looked up to see a crowd gathering. Surely they saw what I saw...what I did.

I just grabbed my bag and ran...