《Chapter 53》

Astrid. I nudged her with my shoulder. Astrid, wake up. She groaned, leaning against my back. She's so stubborn. I had just arrived at her house, but all the doors were locked and Astrid had the keys. Plus I couldn't shift back.

I barked as loud as I could. Astrid screamed falling sideways onto the grass. She placed her hand on her chest. "Don't do that!" She gasped.

Sorry, you wouldn't wake up. I bent down, Astrid locking her arms around my neck, pulling herself to her feet.

She brushed her sides. "Yeah, don't do that again otherwise you will regret it." I gulped as I shifted.

I looked down at myself to see me shirtless . . . again. "Astrid?"

"Hm . . . Mm, what?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Stop checking me out," I complained, swatting at her face.

"I can do what I want," Astrid replied, smirking.

"Oh yeah?" I smirked at her back, running up to her and grabbing her body in my arms. I carried her bridal style.

"Harry! Put me down!"

"Nope." I stopped outside her back door, bending down slightly for Astrid to unlock the door. I barged in, slowly shutting it with my foot.

I ran through the hall and up her stairs into her room. But I stopped at the doorway, sliding Astrid out of my arms.

I opened my mouth but Astrid beat me to it. "What are you doing in my room?" Astrid clenched her hands into fists.

"Waiting for you." Jay glanced at me.

"Why?" Astrid asked.

"I need to tell you something," Jay said as he walked closer to Astrid. I slid in between them as Jay got too close.

I pushed him away. "Back off." Jay tried to get past me but I didn't let him.

Finally, Astrid came to my side, hugging my arm. "It's okay, just let him speak." I growled annoyingly, moving to the wall, leaning back and crossing my arms over my chest.

As he and Astrid talked, I glared at Jay. I still didn't trust him. I could tell he was lying, I knew it! I just haven't told Astrid yet . . . not like she would believe me anyway.

My chest always tingled when Jay was around, in a bad way. It never felt right. The more I saw him, the bigger the sensation felt.

After they finally finished there conversation, Jay left, after he hugged Astrid goodbye. I narrowed my eyes, watching him until he left.

"Why do you believe him Astrid?"

Astrid was startled at my sudden question. "What?"

"Why do you believe him?" I repeated, gazing at her wooden floor.

She hesitated. "He's a friend. He's family."

"But he's lying to you!" I yelled. My tone was harsh, it had a rough ring to it.

"How do you know that he's lying?"

"I just know okay! But I really don't understand why you trust him. You're friends with the guy who attempted to kill me Astrid. Does that not change your thoughts about him?"

"No," she said simply, my chest hurting. "Because he was forced to do it. He needs help."

I like that, how my girlfriend cares more that Jay needs 'help' and it didn't matter that I could have died? Absolutely brilliant.