《Chapter 21》

"Fine," I groaned, "I'll sing."

Harry and Flynn nodded in agreement.

"Okay, because I'm singing I get to choose the song. I suggest Gravity by Against The Current."

I let them search the song and listen to it.

While they were doing that I saw Jay waiting outside. I quickly slipped out without Harry or Flynn noticing.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. What you up too?"

"Oh just working on our song, you?"

He shook his head, "Nothing,I'm bored. I've eaten my lunch and everything.

I snickered. "Who's your partner for music?"

He grumbled, "Rachel. AKA Ruffnut."

"Oh gods, I'm so sorry," I giggled.

Suddenly a door opened and Harry stormed out.

He set himself beside me...a little too close . . .

"What do you want, Jay?" he growled.

I huffed as Jay put his hands up in defence. Luckily I was just taller than Harry's shoulder.

"I just wanted to say hi. Is that a problem?"

"Yeah it is," Harry hissed, "when that certain girl is my girlfriend."

Okay, what?!

"Sorry man, I didn't know. I'll see you later, Astrid."

I waved as Jay walked off. 

I turned and glared at Harry.

"What?" he asked innocently, shrugging.

I narrowed my eyes. "You're so...so...infuriating! I am NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND. YOU ended the relationship, NOT ME.

"Astrid, I-"

"Forget it Harry." I huffed before walking back into the practice room.

<>

I watched Astrid walk into the practice room before setting herself down next to Flynn. I sighed before following after her. I shut the door softly behind me. 

"Let's get practicing this song then. Flynn, you got the percussion box?" He nodded. "Okay. Harry, you got your guitar?"

"Yep."

"Okay and I got the microphone and tamborine. Harry, search up the notes and I'll get the lyrics."

I do as she asks, showing Flynn the notes while I practice them.

<>

It was now time to produce our cover of our chosen song. Astrid's new friend  didn't get a really good level, or grade, or whatever you call it.

I overheard them and, once I found out what he got, I sniggered quietly to myself. But Astrid heard me and she had sent me a glare. I had put my hands up in defence.

"And now," Miss Hope said, "our final group of the day, Astrid, Harry and Flynn." A few people clapped but not a lot. Astrid and I sat on a stool. While Astrid got the mics ready, I tuned out my guitar as Flynn got the percussion box into place. 

He sat on it, waiting for us.

"Ready?" I asked. My partners and best friends nodded at me.

"3...2...1!" (Start Video. If it doesn't work, search up 'Gravity Against The Current Acoustic' in the YouTube search box.)