《Chapter 64》

I was storming through the pack hospital, heading towards Astrid's room. I was feeling pretty agitated. Astrid has to wake up soon . . . otherwise . . . she'll be gone, forever.

I entered Astrid's room, quietly shutting the door. I slid closer to her bed, kissing her forehead gently before I sat down in the chair. I held her hand in mine.

The stab wound wouldn't heal quickly enough. Maybe that's why Astrid won't wake up. I exhaled deeply, leaving the room to go find the pack doctor.

Before I closed the door, I heard a faint voice whisper, "Harry?"

I froze, spinning around to see Astrid blinking rapidly. "Astrid?" I mumbled. She turned towards me. It wasn't a dream . . . She was actually . . . awake.

"ASTRID!" I shouted, running over and pulling her into a hug. My tears soaked Astrid's shoulder. "You're awake!" I cried, my voice cracking.

I pulled away so our noses were touching and I kissed her long enough to make someone in the room feel awkward. I pulled away and placed my head on her shoulder, my arms still wrapped around her slim body.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed.

"For . . . what?" Astrid asked, her hands tugging at my hair.

"I should have sensed Heather coming! I - I could have done something! But you got hu-"

Astrid stopped me, covering my mouth with her hand. "Stop blaming yourself."

My reply was muffled by her hand.

"No it wasn't your fault." I remained silent, my eyes dropping to her wrapped up stomach.

I placed my hand gently on her side. "Does it still hurt?"

"Not at . . . the moment." Astrid lied.

"Don't lie to me."

Astrid shrugged, slipping up the bed and patting the side next to her. I stood up and lay beside her, my arms wrapped around her. Astrid used my chest as a pillow.

I held her tight, never wanting to let her go again. I buried my head into her neck, a few tears escaping my eyes.

I was so glad, she's awake. She's actually awake. But she'll need time to heal . . .

Astrid prodded me with her finger. "Are you listening to me?"

"Um, sorry, what?"

Astrid groaned. "When I come out of this . . . place, could I please stay at yours?"

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again. Except when you need to use the bathroom, and to get changed and to - "

Astrid covered my mouth. "I get it, I get it."

I was about to reply when someone ran through the door. I glared at the intruder to realise it was Scott.

Scott was breathing heavily. "Harry, we . . . need you . . . at . . . your house, like now."

I raised my eyebrows. I turned to Astrid. I didn't want to leave her, alone. Not in this place.

"Just go," she told me. Astrid leaned up to my ear. "I'll be fine."

"No." I shook my head at Scott. "Astrid only just woke up after being in a coma for two months." Her jaw dropped. "Scott tell my father exactly what I told you. Got it?"

Scott quickly nodded before racing out the room.

I kissed Astrid's forehead. "I'm not leaving you."

Astrid shook her head. "If the pack needs you, you should go." I stared at her. "I'll be fine, trust me."

"Astrid - "

She kissed me. "Harry . . . Just go." She gently pushed me off the bed, squeezing my hand before readjusting her pillow.

I kissed her cheek. "I won't be long, I promise." Astrid smiled at me before she shut her eyes slowly, falling asleep.

I ran out the pack hospital and shifted into my wolf.

When I got to my house, my father was waiting with Flynn and somebody else in the kitchen. When I saw who it was, my eyes widened . . .