《Chapter 34》

Ever get that feeling when you're awake but you don't want to get out of bed?

Yeah . . . the problem with me is that I do want to get up but Astrid won't let me.

When I woke up that morning, I checked my surroundings. To me it just looked like a hospital room with one bed, a window, curtains, a couple of chairs and a tiny TV in the corner.

Astrid slept next to me all night. I'm glad. I probably would've panicked if I couldn't see her.

It was ten o'clock, in the morning, the sunlight creeping in through the gaps in the curtains.

The room lit up in a luminous orange-y-yellow colour. It reflected off of the TV screen directly into my eyes.

My moved my arm to my face. That was a mistake. I accidentally nudged Astrid which caused her to stir in her sleep.

She sat up, groaning in frustration, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning baby." I grabbed her wrists, pulling them away from her face.

When she looked up her blue eyes fluttered open, looking around before smiling at me.

"Hey."

She kneeled and got off the bed, walking over to the curtains and opening them.

I again blocked the sunlight from my face.

The pain in my chest was still there. It felt like someone was punching it, repeatedly, as hard as they possibly could.

I don't even know if I'm in a shifter hospital or just a human one. What? Technically I'm not human...

Anyway, I tried to ignore the pain but it was hard.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in."

The door opened and Flynn and my father entered. They closed the door behind them.

"Hey Harry. I heard what that...bastard did to you." Woah. I had never in my entire life heard Flynn swear. He sounded pretty angry.

I gestured to the chairs beside me. "Sit. Hi, Dad. Found out where Jay is?"

Him and Flynn took a seat. "No we haven't...not yet. But don't worry son, we'll find him and get revenge."

I sat up too quickly. "No." I said, confidentiality. "He's the one who hurt me. I alone will get revenge on him." I started to cough and Astrid handed me a glass of water. I thanked her.

"I understand, son. But there's something you need to know." My Dad pointed at Astrid. "Both of you. Me and a few other shifters have found your trainers."

"Trainers?" We both asked.

"You mean the shoes?" I asked.

My Dad shook his head. "No. The trainers who will train you for battle. They will also help with your second shifts, your elements and how to control yourself." He looked directly at me when he said that last part.

Me and Astrid exchanged looks. "When do we meet them?" She asked.

"ASAP." And with that Flynn and my Dad left.

I looked at Astrid. "Was it me, or was that really confusing?"

"Nope, that's just you," she laughed.

I yawned.

"H - can I call you that? You look tired, get some rest."

"If you're there with me." I smirked.

I pulled the blankets up as Astrid got back into the bed. I wrapped them around ourselves, one of my arms hung loosely on her waist.

She kissed my forehead, softly before laying down on her side, her back against my painful chest.

As soon as I closed my eyes...I regretted it.

I had a nightmare...

Oh no!

Sorry for short chapter!

Hope you liked it!

Till next time...