《Chapter 37》

I woke up to one of the chairs ripped to pieces and the other on it's side. I sat up in bed, looking around in the room.

I noticed Astrid's clothes were on the floor, which were ripped...

That means...

"Oh no..." I got out of bed as fast as I could. Due to my injuries, it probably wouldn't be the best idea for me to shift.

That's when I realised the window was open...

"Oh shit..." I grabbed my backpack, rummaging around, looking for my phone.

When I finally found it, I dialed a number.

They picked up. "What's up, Kiddo?"

"Hey, Gobber. Could you come pick me up...in the car?"

"Sure, what's up?"

I told him everything about me being attacked and Astrid, who might have left or just lost control.

"I'll be there in a few." I hung up, after saying goodbye.

Within a few minutes he knocked on my door and we walked off into his car.

Gobber drove out of the infirmary, onto the main road. "So, where are we going?"

I thought for a moment. "Flynn's house. You remember the way, right?" Gobber nodded and focused on his driving.

We got to Flynn's house within half an hour.

I started to get out the car but Gobber stopped me. "I'll get him." Gobber stepped out, walked over to Flynn's house and knocked on the door.

Flynn opened the door and he and Gobber had a quick conversation. Afterwards, Flynn sniffed the air, told Gobber someone then shifted into his wolf and ran off into the distance.

Gobber came back into the car, starting it up and driving the direction Flynn ran.

"So where's Astrid?"

"The park."

I raised my eyebrows. "The park? Seriously?"

Gobber just nodded at me.

"Why is she there?"

Gobber shrugged. "How the heck should I know?"

Then our conversation ended.

It was quiet for the rest of the trip, I looked out the window the whole time.

When we finally got to the park, we found Flynn circling another wolf.

I realised that that wolf was Astrid.

"Don't hurt her Flynn!"

What do you think I'm NOT trying to do?!

"Just back up," I told him, "slowly..."

Flynn did what I told him and showed Astrid that he wasn't here to attack.

Astrid thought otherwise...

She began chasing Flynn in and throughout the trees, her canines exposed. Me and Gobber just stood there frozen, watching them from a distance.

"Oh, Flynn!" I shouted.

What?!

"Watch out for that...never mind."

Flynn ran past us, stopping and panting heavily.

Astrid stopped a few metres away from us.

"Gobber, get out of here, now."

He didn't hesitate.

"Astrid?"

She growled at me.

"Astrid, it's me, Harry." I stumbled a litter closer. "Come on, shift back." She began to whine, screeching in pain. Her eyes turned blue.

I...can't...

"Yes you can. Just try...for me."

I told Flynn to run and get her some spare clothes from his house.

Astrid went limp, shifting back. I looked away in case she was...you know.

Flynn came running back with a blanket in his mouth, clothes presumably inside. He dropped them by Astrid's side, pulling the blanket over.

She woke up after a few minutes, got dressed then fainted again. Flynn carried her on his back while I followed him to his house.

When we got to his house, we out Astrid in the spare room. Flynn left to give us some time.

I just slumped on the bed next to her and fell asleep.