《Chapter 72》

I woke up to see Astrid staring at me. I smirked as she smiled. "Good morning," I mumbled, grabbing her waist and pulling her close. Her arms wrapped around my neck.

"Morning sleepy head." I lay my head in the crook of her neck, brushing gentle kisses across her skin. I gave her a final kiss, getting out of bed and stretching.

As I changed into my jeans, I heard Astrid get up. She came behind me, wrapping her arms around my naked chest. Astrid's lips brushed my skin slowly, leaving sparks igniting from my body.

I chuckled, turning around and returning the kiss. I pushed her away gently, grabbing my white t-shirt and shoving it on.

I walked backwards towards my door. "I'll be downstairs babe." Astrid nodded, smiling as I shut the door. I ran across the hall, jumping down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen cheerfully and stopped in my tracks. There was a certain someone with black, stuck up hair with his back to me.

Tate heard me and spun around, a cocky smirk on his face. My father was next to him.

"Dad!" I moaned. "Why is he here?"

Tate replied before my dad could. "Because he contacted me that's why."
I growled quietly. Astrid placed her hand on my arm. "Calm down."

I stared wide - eyed at her. "When did you get here?"

"Just now. I'm going to the fields, I'll catch you later." She gave me a quick hug, squeezing tightly. Astrid shifted, running out of the room.

I glared at Tate. "I don't want him to train me. Astrid can have him. Sophie, would you mind training me?"

"Not at all, but not today as we, are, quite busy." Sophie grabbed Tate's hand who stopped glaring at me.

"Understandable. Dad, a word please. Alone."

He hesitated before following me into the living room. "Why are they here?"

"They're helping the pack out. They're the best trackers in the world."

I shook my head. "To track who?"

"Jay." I snarled at the mention of his name. "We haven't had any luck so that is why I called for help. The whole pack is willing to protect Astrid."

"No!" I shouted, clenching my hands into fists, nails digging into my palms. "I don't need anyone else to help me protect Astrid. I can do it and I will do it alone. Nobody else bothers with her, understand?"

"But Son - "

"No, Dad! I'm the only one who can protect her. I'd rather me die if she is able to live." I ran my hands through my hair. "I better go check on her."

I shifted, running out the house and towards the fields. I froze, staring at what I saw in front of me. Astrid was hugging a guy that was not familiar.

Without even thinking, my animal took over and sprinted towards them. My growl must have been menacing because it split them apart. I stood in front of Astrid protectively.

I growled louder at the intruder. He had dirty blonde hair, hazel colored eyes and what appeared to be multiple cuts and bruises all over his body.

I advanced towards him, my growl turning into a snarl as I bared my teeth, flattening my ears against my head.

"Harry!" Astrid seemed to yell. I ignored her.

The boy tripped, slamming onto his back. As I got closer he scurried away further. Soon enough, his back hit a hedge. He had nowhere to go. I had him cornered.

My snarl rose as the boy wrapped his arms around himself protectively. He was weak, too weak to do anything.

Someone tried to pull me away so I swatted my paw, claws extended. When I heard a high pitched scream, my heart shattered. That was . . . It was . . .

I stopped snarling, turning around slowly to see . . . Oh god, what have I done?!

I collapsed to the ground as my human too over. I stumbled to my feet, staring as Astrid struggled to her knees, clutching her forearm. Blood was seeping through the gaps of her fingers.

I looked around desperately to see a crowd had gathered. I looked behind me and saw the boy glaring at me. He stood up and shouted at me, "Get out of here! Go, go on - "

He was interuppted by Astrid. "Ryan, stop." The boy, known as Ryan, grunted, shoving his arms across his chest. Astrid's voice was strained.

I started to shake. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen! I've hurt her! I broke my promise! I need to get out of here, Ryan was right. I don't belong her.

I glanced at Astrid. She was crying, tears leaking down her cheeks. Her face showed no signs of pain except her eyes . . . They were full of it.

Astrid tried to come closer, wincing harshly. "Harry . . ." I shook my head, whining, running off away from everyone, into the woods.

"Harry!" I heard Astrid desperately shout before she was out of ear shot. I don't know where I was heading but I had to get away from Astrid as far as possible.

I promised I would never hurt her, and I did. What is wrong with me?! She'll never forgive me. I need to leave. I have nothing else to work for. Astrid was the one who had kept me going but now, I had nothing.

But I can't leave!

I growled as I sprinted, the trees flashing by like a blur. I would make the desicion later. But for now . . . I just had to run.