《Chapter 71》

Harry and I were settled with each other on the sofa in the living room. Our fingers were locked, my head resting on Harry's shoulder.

I shot to my feet. "Oh my god!"

"What?" Harry asked, staring at me as if I was crazy.

"We missed Christmas!" I screamed.

"Oh. Well, my family never got round to celebrate it so we don't." Harry looked away.

"Hey." I settled next to him. "There's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone celebrates Christmas." My hand cupped the back of his head, my fingers tugging at his hair gently.

Harry kissed me, pulling me onto his lap. "This is why I love you."

I laughed. "I know. This is why I love you."

Harry's phone started ringing and he let go of my hand to receive it out of his pocket. He answered, bringing it up to his ear. "Flynn? . . . Hi, what's wrong? . . . Woah, calm down. Speak slowly . . . OK, better . . . " Harry leaned his head back staring at the ceiling.

"What?! . . . OK, I'm on my way. Where are you? . . . The cove? . . . OK, see you there." Harry rubbed his eyes as he stood up, his lips tightening into a frown.

"Are you OK?" I asked. He glanced sideways at me, pulling me to my feet.
"I'm fine, I just need to go to the cove. Something's wrong . . . " He shook his head, massaging his temples.

I sensed the discomfort he was in. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"No I - " He stopped himself, running his hands aggressively through his hair.

"Hey, hey," I said, seizing his wrists. "Don't pull your hair out, I like it." Harry smiled, then frowned. His lips brushed my cheek softly.

"Let's go," he said, pulling me out the room.

We got to the cove in about ten minutes in our wolf forms. We shifted and Flynn came to meet us at the entrance.

"Is he OK?" Harry asked, a little louder than usual. I heard things exploding and flashes of purple in the sky.

"Same as before!" Flynn shouted back. We stepped under a branch to reveal a huge open space of land. There was a lake in the middle, the sunlight bouncing off it into the air.

I had no time to admire the scenery as Harry tugged me along with him. Then I saw them. Hiccup and Astrid. Or, as everyone else knows them, Haiden and Ally. Let's just stick to their actual names for now.

Then I saw him. Toothless. He looked agitated, wincing harshly as if he was in pain, rubbing his head across the floor. Hiccup was near him, trying to calm him down but Toothless just kept shooting . . . Fireballs? Whatever they were, they missed Hiccup's good foot with a inch to spare.

The Vikings were wearing the same clothes they were wearing when Harry found them. He ran over to Astrid. Not me.

"What's happening?" He shouted, over the deep wail of the wind. When did it get so windy?

"We don't know!" Astrid yelled back. "We think we knew a way to get back home but then, as we about to leave, Toothless went crazy!"

Harry's eyes narrowed. "I'll try calming him down." Harry advanced towards Toothless, who, saw Harry, and started to growl.

"Hey bud," he said softly. "It's me, it's Harry." Harry held his hand, his palm facing Toothless. The dragon was glaring when he opened his mouth and shot a fireball. Harry yelled, dodging out of the way just in time.

I saw where the fireball was headed. Towards Astrid. "Astrid!" I screamed. She was froze, not moving as she stared at the fireball coming closer.

"Astrid!" Hiccup shouted, already running to her. He slammed her into the ground, narrowly missing the ball of fire. As soon as it was shot, the wind became silent. Toothless snapped out of the trance-like state he was in.