《Chapter 55》

I sat in the back seat of my dad's car, Astrid's head in my lap. Her hair had been sprawling out of her braid so I decided to take it out, keeping her hair band secure around my wrist.

I twirled a strand of her hair in my fingers, talking to my father until we finally got home.

With much difficulty, I managed to get Astrid out the car and into my arms. As my dad locked it, I opened the door and walked up to my room. I placed Astrid in my bed, covering her with some blankets.

I kissed her forehead gently and whispered, "Good night baby, sleep well."

As I shut my door quietly behind me, I examined my wrist. I noticed under my air symbol was another marking, the element of fire.

My eyes widened slightly as I jumped out the nearest window and ran to the fields just beside the house.

Before I tried to make fire, I summoned a little ball of air in my hand. I clenched my fist, the air evaporating.

Okay . . . Since when did I get the fire symbol? Did Astrid know about this? If she did, why didn't she tell me? Unless . . . Jay. He must have told Astrid not to tell me.

Ugh that little . . .

I need to calm down . . .

I didn't realise my hands were on fire - literally - until I looked down at them. There were only medium sized flames dancing around my palm, no biggie.

What am I saying? I extinguished the fire, running back to the house.

As I started to climb the wall, I had a chance to think.

If Astrid knew about my new markings then why didn't she tell me? If I'm honest, it has angered me a little. I mean, we're supposed to tell each other everything but Astrid doesn't.

I don't know why, but, ugh, it's just annoying.

By this time, I had climbed through the window and closed it. I turned and froze as I saw my dad staring at me.

"Ignore me," I mouthed. My father shrugged, going into his room, shutting the door quietly.

As I entered mine, I saw Astrid sat up in my bed, stretching her arms above her head.

She smiled as she saw me. "Hey babe, where you been?"

I linked my hands behind me, swinging on my feet. "Nowhere."

Astrid raised an eyebrow. "Okay?"

"It doesn't matter anyway." I walked over to the bed and helped Astrid to her feet.

I interlocked my arms around her waist, our bodies touching. "What do you want to do? It's not that late, about half four."

Astrid placed her hands on my chest, pecking my lips. "I don't mind," she mumbled. I chuckled, kissing her softly. She smiled against my lips, returning the kiss.

We were so involved with each other that we didn't even realise my bedroom door opened.

I pulled away quickly as someone coughed awkwardly. It was Flynn . . . My cheeks darkened.

"Uh we were just, I, um, I'm sorry." I cleared my throat. "You okay Flynn?"

"Yep, I'm fine. It can wait." I silently thanked him as he left us in peace.

I turned around. "Now, where were we? Oh, I remember." I smirked, pulling Astrid's body towards me, smashing our lips against each other.

I smiled through the kiss, moving them in sync. I felt Astrid push me away gently.