《Chapter 43》

I saw Harry step a couple of steps back from Jay. What was he doing? After Jay punched him, Harry was obviously angry but he didn't do anything. He just stared at him.

After Harry stepped back he closed his eyes, clenching his hands into fists and pressing his knuckles together. He took deep breaths. Jay stared at him, not sure whether to go or not.

He turned to me. I shook my head, crossing my arms across my chest.

Suddenly I could hear wind in the cafeteria. I spun my head to see Harry's hair fluttering in invisible air.

His eyes snapped open, but they weren't the same. They were glowing. He walked to Jay. It was like he was in a robotic stance.

I stepped forward. "Harry?" I asked. He stopped in his tracks. I was about to say something but was cut off when Harry fell to the floor.

I started running, also noticing Jay running away from Harry.

"Flynn!! Get JAY!" I yelled.

On it!

I pushed through a crowd of students who had made a circle around Harry. "MOVE!" I shouted. When I burst through the crowd I saw the head teacher was kneeling next to him.

I slid down to the opposite side of Harry. "Thanks sir, I can take it from here."

"Now now, young lady. I think you need to get to lesson." Not gonna happen. "I will take it from here while you go and get educated." I glared at him.

Flynn, I could need you right now!

Hold on! Sheesh. I'm coming.

A few minutes later I heard a tremendous roar. Something jumped over the students, landing next to me. It was a huge lion with a great rusty brown and red mane. It was even bigger than Flynn's wolf. Wait . . .

Flynn?!

Who else would you be talking to? He raised his eyebrows at me. You guys aren't the only ones with secondary shifts.

I waved him off. Yeah, yeah. Um, do you mind? I waved to the students and teachers around us. Flynn nodded.

Flynn's snarl was probably as loud as a chain saw because everyone ran out of the school premises, including the teachers.

"Flynn, grab either Tuff's or Ruff's bag. Bring it over." He did what I say, dropping the bag at my feet. I rummaged through it, pulling out books and things to prank people with.

They must have disappeared and forgot their bags.

"I got it!"

Got what, exactly?

"An air horn." I took the cap off, pressing the button. The sound blasted out immediately, Harry shooting up, screaming.

He glared at us, placing his hands on the floor. "God, don't do that. What happened?"

I explained everything to him, Flynn adding extra details.

Harry was silent, looking between the two of us. "Where's Jay?" He finally asked.

"I honestly have no idea. I asked Flynn to get him. Flynn?"

I'm sorry, he got away. I think he's got faster than before. I couldn't keep up.

"Flynn!" I groaned. "No, it doesn't matter. Jay can wait." I grabbed Harry's hands, pulling him to his feet.

But something caught my eye that was under his air symbol marking on his left wrist. It was another marking, a new one . . . it was . . . the fire symbol.

I quickly avoided my gaze, hoping Harry didn't notice. My right hand intwined with his left. I pulled him so our arms touched.

"Come on." I said. "We're going to mine."