《Chapter 56》

I stopped in an alleyway. The scent was a couple of feet away from me. It was much stronger now that I was closer. I glanced behind me as I jogged forward. Good. I wasn't followed.

I saw a stack of boxes. When I rounded the corner, I nearly fell over. It was blood . . . human blood. I raised my head to look at the wall. I jumped out of my skin.

On the wall, written with the blood, it said, Big mistake, you just walked into my trap. . .

I widened my eyes. I need to get out of here, now. I turned and sprinted out of the alley, across the road and onto the other side. I panted heavily, gulping as I saw people staring at me in shock.

I ran past them, straight into the park. I stopped at the fountain, sneaking into the protection of the trees.

Wham am I doing? I shouldn'thave come alone. What was I thinking?!

I crouched down as a couple walked past. I needed to get to Astrid, she'll calm me down.

I sprinted out the woods, avoiding everyone that was walking around the park.

Next thing I knew, I was on my back. I quickly scrambled to my feet, growling at the wolf who ran into me.

What do you think your - ASTRID?!

I can't believe it, she did follow me. Astrid got to her feet, her white paws covered in mud.

What are you doing here?! I looked around cautiously, trotting over.

I followed you.

I snorted, shaking my head. It isn't safe here.

But Harry -

My ears twitched. You need to go.

But I need to tell you -

Now Astrid, please. I pushed her away gently with my head. Go home.

No.

I scouted the area. Astrid, please. I'm begging you. Go home, where it's safe. I started to get nervous, people were starting to stare.

I ran from Astrid before she could protest. That was a mistake . . .

She slammed her body into mine. We rolled over and over each other until Astrid pinned me down. Her paws were placed on my chest, mine hanging aimlessly in the air.

I growled quietly. Astrid, I'm warning you.

She pushed down harder on my chest, her back legs supporting her. I'm warning you, let me finish. I came because I was worried.

Astrid - I started but she cut me off.

I don't care if I get hurt -

But I do!

- as long as you come back to me.

I stopped growling, her words sinking in. Fine, but be careful, please. I started struggling. Mind getting off me?

Astrid complied, getting off and sitting next to me on her hind legs. I stood up, stretching my limbs.

Astrid came and stood next to me. She rubbed her head against mine, which I returned.

Thanks Astrid. I placed my snout on the back of her neck. I love you.

I love you.

We need to go. I pulled away. We ran into the trees, shifting, then walking out casually, holding hands. A policeman stopped us.

"Have you guys . . . seen any . . . wolves around here?" He asked, in between breaths. I just shook my head, watching him run off.

Astrid squeezed my hand, reminding me of our current situation. I pulled Astrid over to a wall, suddenly pinning her against it.

I leaned my body into hers, pinning her hands above her head. As soon as our lips touched my heart began to race and I felt light - headed. Astrid had that effect on me.

As we kissed, I tore my hands away and ran them down Astrid's sides. She kissed me me back with passion, her hands tugging at my hair.

The nerves I felt before were now gone. I could no longer smell that unfamiliar scent. It was mixed with pine cones and . . . To be honest, I don't know what the other half is.

I felt the air getting colder but that didn't bother us. Astrid smiled against my lips as I slipped a hand under her shirt, caressing her stomach.

As soon as our skin touched, warmth spread from my hand to the rest of my body.

I suddenly pulled away, realising where this was going. "I - I'm sorry, Astrid. I don't know what came over me." I released my hold from her body, taking a few steps back.

Astrid followed, gripping my neck and placing her forehead against mine. "Don't ever do that."

I wrapped my arms around her. "Do what?" I asked, pushing my forehead forwards.

Astrid's warm breath tickled my face. "Don't ever pull away like that. It's not your fault." She kissed me. "Now turn around, I want a lift."

I laughed, facing my back towards her. Astrid jumped, her legs hanging at my sides and her arms around my neck. I supported her legs with my arms.

Before I started walking, I turned to face her. "Hey, Astrid?"

She looked up. "Hmm? What?"

I kissed her catching her by surprise. "I love you baby."

Astrid grinned. "I love you babe." She placed her forehead on my shoulder.

Being the gentleman that I am, I gave her a piggyback ride all the way to her house.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

OMG guys, I watched HUNGER GAMES MOCKINGJAY PART 2!!!! It was AMAZING. I loved every second of it.

But now . . . I need the books . . .

I suggest going to watch that movie if you are a hunger games fan!

Who else loves Hunger Games?

Anyway guys, till next time . . .