《Chapter 8》

"Thanks for the lift, Harry," Astrid thanked me. I just nodded in return. She sighed before turning around and walking out of the shadows.

Wait! She turned around with a raised eyebrow. Should I wait for you or what?

I wouldn't mind a lift home because it's quite far from here.

Okay. I did a wolf smile - tongue sticking out and panting. She softly laughed before spinning around to walk towards the hospital.

I then lied down onto my stomach, placing my head in between my paws, watching Astrid's figure disappear into the building. When she was inside, my eyes slowly closed, taking me into a deep slumber.

My ears perked up to see someone coming out of the hospital. I narrowed my eyes to get a closer look. It was Astrid; I then noticed she had a bright green cast around her forearm. I perked up as she got nearer, jumping to my feet. She gave me half a smile.

When she came into the shadows behind the building, I jogged around her my tail wagging, until I stopped by her side. I stared into her ocean coloured eyes before I sat on my hind legs and yawned. She's amazing I told myself.

Who's amazing? I didn't realise Astrid heard me.

Uh what? What're you talking about? I turned towards her again to find her sitting cross-legged next to me.

I heard you say, 'She's amazing'. Who is amazing?

Uh...um...n-no one im-important I stuttered. She shrugged before letting it go. My human side just sighed in relief. I yawned again before standing up and broadening my legs. Should we go?

She shook her head while I just cocked my head to the side. Before I could reply she answered. "Let's just relax for a bit okay?" I just lied down again while Astrid rested her back against my side. She turned her head to face me while I did the same.

You sure you're okay, Astrid? She just nodded at me and buried her face into my fur.

"It's really soft ya know," she mumbled. I furrowed my 'eyebrows' in confusion.

What's soft?

"Your fur. What else would I be talking about?" I just shrugged. I then leaned in and licked her face playfully. She then groaned in disgust while wiping it away quickly. "I swear to the gods, if this doesn't wash out, I will hunt you down," she growled but then ended up in fits of laughter. I then smiled at her - wolf style.

She then yawned quite loudly. You tired mi'lady? She hummed in response. I then stood up, waiting for her to climb on. Come on, I'll take you home. You can sleep on the way, I won't let you fall. She then nodded and climbed on. She rested her head on my neck, letting her legs fall aimlessly down my sides. Don't forget to hold on.

<>

I was panting when I arrived at her house. She had fallen asleep as soon as I had started running. Not wanting to wake her up, I looked around for an open window on the bottom floor. I walked around until I came to the back garden. There was a fence blocking my way. I groaned before taking a run and leaping over. I landed softly on all four paws.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Astrid still asleep. Wow, she's a deep sleeper. Luckily I saw the back door was open. I quickly moved my ears around, checking to see if anyone was inside. I didn't hear a human but I heard an animal...oh crap.

I trotted towards the door, sliding into it. I then looked around the house. It was quite nice. It was a modern type of house, no fancy curtains or furniture. It was...casual. I quickly shook my head, my thoughts disappearing.

I walked through a hall that led towards a set of stairs. Wanting to get Astrid to bed, I quickly leapt up them in a few strides. When I got to the top, there was another hallway that led to three doors, one on the left, 2 on the right. I quickly walked towards the left one because it was the only one open. I sneaked in, looking around. Yep it's Astrid's.

Her bed was opposite the door with a desk and draws on one side and a wardrobe on the other. Opposite the bed, on the wall was another desk with a TV on it. She also had a computer on another desk next to the TV. Whoa, I whispered, in my mind. Astrid must have heard me because she stirred then I felt her lift her head off my neck.

Am I home? She asked. I just nodded while walking over to the bed. It was quite big, larger than a double. I crouched down so she could just slide off my back onto the bed. That's exactly what she did. I then walked over to the end of the bed, grabbing the blanket in my mouth.

I dragged it over Astrid while she clutched it tightly to her chest. I then prodded over to her head that was rested on the pillow. I licked her cheek. Goodnight Astrid. I turned to go but before I left her room, she said something.

"Stay with me, please," she pleaded. I stopped in mid track before shaking my head. I spun around before prodding back over to the bed.

Okay, okay, I'll sleep on the floor. She roughly shook her head.

"N-No, I-I'm c-c-cold," she stuttered. I growled softly before jumping onto the bed. I did a few circles before curling up beside her. I rested my head on her arm.

Night Astrid. She then snuggled up to my wolf body, wrapping her arms around my neck, burying her hands into my fur.

Sweet dreams, I whispered before closing my eyes, falling asleep.

Double update today! Hope you enjoy! Thanks for over 200 reads. Sorry if there are some mistakes, I'll improve them later. Till next time...