《Chapter 68》

It's been two months since I last saw Harry. I mean, yeah, I catch glimpses of him at school but that's pretty much it. It's awkward now because we sit next to each other in most of our lessons.

I decided to move as far away from him as possible. I guess the relationship . . . is over. I wasn't happy about it. I haven't been myself lately. My nightmares have become more frequent and most of them include Jay.

Whenever I wake, screaming from one, Harry was always there to calm me. But with him out of my life . . .

I hardly ever see Flynn or Scott anymore. It isn't fair. Ally had come to stay with me to keep me company. Whenever she tried to cheer me up, I'd just smile but frown, recalling a memory of Harry.

I would burst into tears and Ally would hold me until I stopped shaking.

But that doesn't matter at the moment. I'm at school now, waiting for music to start. We had it all day . . . again.

Ally had accompanied me so I didn't have to sit on my own at the front of the classroom. The door opened. I saw Harry out of the corner of my eye. His face was hard, expressionless.

Being a wolf shifter, all our senses are a hundred times better than a human's. With my improved eyesight, I saw huge, big grey patches under his eyes.

Huh, I guess he wasn't the only one who wasn't sleeping.

Ally elbowed me, gesturing to Flynn who was quickly sitting beside me.

"Astrid!" He whispered.

"What?" I hissed, clearly agitated.

"Harry wants to talk to you." That's all Flynn send before he slipped away swiftly. If Harry's going to talk to me, what is he going to say?

What do I care? I'll just leave. Harry had been trying to apologise in the first two weeks but I ignored him.

I should have given him a chance . . .

"Ally . . . " I glanced back to see Harry gazing intently at me. No, I can't talk to him. He cheated on me with that bitch faced Merida.

"Ally, where's Haiden?" I asked, needing something to distract me.

Ally gestured to the window. "Right there." I looked up and saw Haiden running towards school from the field.

"He's late," I laughed, for the first time in months.

"He always is," Ally grumbled. It's hard to believe that she's me from a different time . . .

A few minutes later, the lesson started. I wasn't really paying attention to our teacher. She was boring me. When Haiden burst through the door everyone stared at him as he sat down to the right of me.

"You're late," I whispered. Haiden just nodded quickly, trying to return oxygen to his lungs. I laughed slightly and went back to fiddling with my fingers.

"Miss Hofferson?" My teacher's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see her staring at me.

"Uh, yes?" I asked.

"Studio." I hesitated. "Now."

"Okay okay." I huffed, standing up and storming out the classroom.

I shut the studio door behind me. Then someone started to play the piano. Then I heard his voice . . .

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

I can't believe it . . .

I searched all around the room before I froze when I saw a door opening. Harry emerged from it.

"I understand if you don't want to forgive me," he mumbled, leaving the room swiftly.

He sang my favourite song, for me. I thought he hated it! So that means . . .

"Wait!" I yelled, running after him. I found him in the classroom. I ran over to his seat, jumping over desks in the process.

"You did all that . . . for me?" Harry nodded hastily. "You're truly sorry?"

"Oh gods, yes Astrid. I'd do anything to get you back."

A lot of aww's emitted from the students. His body starting shaking and I realised he was crying.

I walked round the desk and kneeled down in front of him. "I'm sorry too," I whispered softly, wrapping my arms around him. Harry immediately stood up, tightening his grip, his head buried into my shoulder.

"Thank you," he frequently muttered. I pulled away enough for our foreheads to be touching.

I kissed him passionately. "I love you."
"I love you," Harry responded, pulling me into a hug. My ears twitched, hearing a sound in the distance. I looked out the window. I looked around to see Harry and Flynn looking alarmed.

I let go of Harry, all of us walking to the window. Some other shifters who stay at the pack house came and stood by our side. I didn't even recognise them. They look different at school . . .
"Did you guys hear that?" I asked cautiously. Everyone nodded - well, except the humans. There were like 10 still sat in their chairs.

"Is everything okay?" The teacher asked.

"Everything's fine Miss." I answered. I looked at Harry. He looked preoccupied. "We need to check it out."

"No Astrid." He said sternly. "I just got you back." Apparently he moved closer because I could feel the heat of his breath on my neck. "I'm not going to lose you. Not again."

I cupped his cheek with my hand. "Then come with me."

Harry sighed heavily. "Okay, but this time, stay close."

I nodded. "I will. Haiden, Ally, you need Toothless." The students stared as I pronounced the dragon's name. "Where is he?"

"He's close," Haiden answered. He brought his fingers to his mouth, whistling a high pitched whistle. At first nothing happened but then I saw something flash the colour of purple in the sky.

"He's coming," Ally said.

"Good," I replied. "You two need to get home, as soon as possible. Don't come back for us. Miss Jones?"

The teacher stared at me. "Yes, Astrid?"

"Don't scream," I told her. I jumped out of an open window, landing in Harry's arms. "Thanks babe." I patted his chest as he placed me on the floor.

Miss Jones still screamed but I couldn't care less. Everyone else dropped behind us. I shifted into my wolf.

It's been so long! I shook my body all over, trying to get used to having four legs rather than two.

Let's go!