《Chapter 28》

The other day, when Astrid left my house unexpectedly, I kept asking her about it but she always cut me off or just changed the subject.

Usually the conversations went like this:

"Hey Astrid."

"Hello. You okay?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Good."

"Great. I just wanted to ask, why did you leave my house without an explanation?"

"Harry, what lessons do you have today?"

So that's it. I decided to drop it after a couple of days, knowing that she wouldn't tell me.

I talked to Flynn about it but he didn't comment about now.

At this moment in time me and Astrid and Flynn were sat in the back of our music class. The lesson hadn't started but we liked to be early.

Flynn read his book as me and Astrid mumbled and laughed with each other. She brought her hand up to caress my cheek. I leaned into her hand, smiling softly at her.

She took her hand away and focused on her phone. I brought my note pad out of my bag, also grabbing a pencil. I opened my note pad and flicked to a page where half a wolf was drawn on it.

I decided to add some shades on it. As I was doing that, I heard the class door open. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jay enter the classroom, walking over and sitting down in his seat.

I heard a chair scrape across the floor beside me and I realised Astrid had stood up. I quickly grabbed her hand. I gave her a look, Don't leave me.

She kissed me quickly. "I won't be long." She whispered.

Astrid strutted over and sat on the desk, next to Jay's. They began talking, laughing in between words. I glared at them the whole time. By them I mean him.

By the time Astrid had sat next to me, the lesson had already started. All the students came in while Astrid talked to Jay.

We had a teaching assistant teaching us today. His name was Mr Sauce.

That's a weird surname... I thought.

He told us that we had music all day - YES! - and that he was assigning us into groups of three for a music project.

He sorted every one into groups - even Astrid and Flynn - but of course I was left out...again.

"Mr Haddock," he paused and scanned his list, "you will be with...Jay Roberts."

My pencil dropped out of my hand. I slammed my fist onto the table, shooting to my feet, making Astrid jump. "WHAT?!" I shouted.

"Calm down, Mr Haddock."

I pointed accusingly at Jay. "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME WORK WITH HIM!"

Mr Sauce told me that if I didn't work with Jay it would cost me half my grade. So instead I just stormed out the classroom, without another word to him or any of the pupils. Including Astrid and Flynn...

To be continued...