Chapter 163

Darkness swirled around him, thick fog clouding his mind. Pain encased his body but he forced himself to push it away. He glanced around but it was only darkness that greeted him.

Aaron, I need you to wake up. I know you're tired but we have work to do.

"Who's there?"

There was only silence.

Aaron started running forward, he wasn't sure he was going. But he kept running until he heard this beeping sound amplifying up ahead.

It consumed him until suddenly it was stopped. He blinked his eyes open when a beeping sound reached his ears. Aaron blinked his eyes at the overhead lights.

"Doctor, he's awake!"

A face he didn't recognize leaned over him.

"Aaron, can you hear me? How are you feeling?"

"I'm..."Aaron cleared his throat. "I'm fine. Where am I?"

"You were brought to the hospital."

Hospital?

"Why am I in the hospital?" Aaron hissed at the throbbing pain in his head. "My head hurts."

"You have a severe concussion and a stab wound."

He tried to sit up, so the doctor rushed forward to help him. When he was comfortable, Aaron saw two nurses at the room with the doctor.

"Your parents are outside. Do you want to see them?"

"Yes, I want to see them."

The doctor asked one of the nurse to go inform his parents that he had regained consciousness. 

The door burst open and his parents ran into the room. His mom was the first to reach his bedside to hug him.

"Mom...not so tight." Aaron groaned.

"Oh, I'm sorry honey." Pamela pulled away. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good."

His dad leaned forward to hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

Aaron's head fell back on the pillow as a bout of dizziness attacked him.

"Don't move too much. You need to rest so you can heal properly." The doctor told him. "I'm going to keep you for overnight for observation and if everything is okay, I'll discharge you tomorrow." The doctor smiled at him. "I'll see you tomorrow."

After the doctor left the room, Aaron's head twisted to look at his dad. "I'm thirsty."

"I'll get you some water."

With his father our of earshot, Aaron placed his hand on Pamela's hand. "I'm sorry I left without saying anything."

Pamela stared at him. "Why did you leave the party?"

"I was just feeling insecure. I had to get out of there."

"We'll talk when you get home."

His dad brought over the water and Aaron gulped down the liquid. He didn't realize he was so thirsty.

His eyelids began drooping as a yawn escaped his mouth. No matter how he tried to keep his eyes open, it was a lost fight.

"Try to get some sleep." His dad touched his head. "We'll be back tomorrow."

"Have a good night." Pamela kissed him on the cheek.

"Goodnight."

Aaron closed his eyes, listening as his parents leave the room. He waited five minutes to make sure no one would enter the room before shoving the sheets to the side. With careful steps he gradually made his way to the bathroom.

By the time he reached the door his head was spinning. He braced his himself against the surface, taking deep breaths. After getting his breathing to calm down, Aaron was able to use the bathroom.

He was hobbling over to the bed when the door to his room opened.

"Aaron, what are you doing?"

Aaron twirled around to stare at Kyle. He hadn't expected to see him tonight.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, getting back into bed.

"Do you need any help?"

"I'm fine." He wasn't. Aaron sighed as his body touched the cool surface of the bed. He wasn't angry with Kyle but he was still hurt that he brushed his feelings aside.

"Aaron, I know you think..."

"How's Logan doing?" Aaron cut him off. He knew what Kyle wanted to say and he really didn't want to hear it. He still didn't believe him.

"He's worried about you."

"Lend me your phone so I can call him." Aaron held his hand out for the phone.

Kyle took his phone from his pocket and handed it to him.

Aaron adjusted himself before dialing Logan's number. He decided against video calling because he didn't want Logan to see him yet.

"Kyle, what's going on? Is Aaron okay?" Logan's voice sounded in his ear.

"Logan, it's me."

"Aaron, you're awake. How are you feeling? Are you in pain?"

"Logan, I'm good. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"When did you wake up?"

"Not too long ago."

"Are you tired?"

A headache was brewing at his temple but Aaron ignored the pain.

"I'm a bit tired but I wanted to talk to you before I fell asleep."

"When will you be able to go home?"

"The doctor says if everything looks good I can go home tomorrow."

Aaron's vision blurred for a second before it cleared. He tried not to make it obvious to Kyle that he wasn't feeling well.

"Aaron, can you hear me?"

"Yeah...I'm here." Aaron looked up at the ceiling, willing the headache to disappear.

Kyle walked over and sat on the chair next to the bed. "Aaron...give me the phone."

"Kyle, I'm fine."

"No...you're not fine. Let me talk to him."

Aaron wasn't going to argue with him. He gave Kyle the phone then closed his eyes.

"Logan... Aaron needs to rest." There was a pause. "He's just tired."

An abyss of darkness swallowed him and he didn't hear anything else.