1

Harry POV

I hate being late to work.

I hate showing up after everyone else as well.

I walk through the busy Manhattan streets with my eyes on my work phone. I've missed the morning meeting which I always host. 

Fuck. 

I put my phone in my pocket and feel a body crash into me. I left my brief case at home due to me waking up late and rushing around. So I have to carry everything. The files in my hands currently fall to the side walk and I feel my jaw tighten.

"I'm so sorry." A sweet, innocent voice fills my ears. I kneel down and pick up my papers that are being blown away by the mild wind. 

I look to the girl in front of me. Her light brown hair is pushed into a pony tail, a strand or two falling in front of her face; her blue eyes look hazel from the sun. Her beauty is decent considering the more older girls I've encountered. She looks young. Early 20's I would say.

Her outfit confirms that's she is younger--maybe. Not older. She's wearing washed up blue jeans. Rips at the knees and rolled up by her ankles. Her shirt is grey and her shoes are white dirty converse. She looks washed up and a mess overall. 

"Watch where you're going next time, yeah?" I say. My voice deepening. If she didn't run into me I wouldn't have been more late. This tops off my shitty day. Her eyes look into mine. She bite her bottom lip.

"Y-Yeah." She stammers. "Sorry about that again. I got lost in my thoughts." The girl tells me. 

"Uhuh." She hands me the papers that she picked up. I stand back up and continue walking. 

Now all of my papers are out of order and I have to take more time out of my day to do it. 

Great. Today already sucks.

***

A knock on my office door causes my eyes to peer of my computer. "Come in!" I call. I continue to type again.

"Hello Styles." A voice chirps. I look up and see Liam. 

"What do you need?" I ask.

"Jesus. Can I not talk to my friend?"

"I'm kind of busy Mr. Payne." I say. My voice sharp.

"I'll make it quick then. Today's meeting we talked about the new interns that are coming tomorrow." I sigh.

"Yeah, yeah. What about them?" 

"Be friendly maybe? Last years interns you all fired within two weeks."

"And?"

"This publishing office needs interns. Some of our editors are too old to be typing and writing. We need fresh faces."

"Lets hope you picked decent interns this year then." I fire back. "Anything else?" 

"No Mr. Styles. Have a shitty day." Liam says. He leaves my office, the door slightly slams behind him.

Only if he knew my day has been shitty since I woke up.

Hell, my life has been shitty for years.

I snap out of my thoughts and slowly ease back into typing. 

A://N

vErY short 1st chapter ik 

the book gets better just hold on

i'm not funny ik

i promise the book gets better!! :)

comment??

~lauren