59

Eve POV {two months later}

"Doug you have to pee." I say to my dog.

It feels like it's twenty degrees out and he's refusing to pee outside.

"You're not peeing in my apartment bud." I say to my dog. Doug starts growling at me and I sigh. I kneel down and stroke the top of his head. "You're seeing your Dad later today, go pee in his apartment, okay?" I say with a soft chuckle.

I stand back up and walk back to my apartment that is a few blocks away. The city streets aren't packed this afternoon, which isn't usual. Maybe it's because it's really cold out. The odd thing is that fall started a few weeks ago and it's already cold out.

I bet a storm is coming soon. Usually that happens a lot.

I close and lock my apartment door behind me and take of Doug's leash.

Since the Gala, two months ago, Harry and I take turns having Doug over, if that makes sense.

Harry gets him three days a week, and I get him four days a week. Then the following week we switch. So I get three days with Doug and Harry gets four.

I don't mind having joint custody of the pug, because I know Harry loves him too.

He's picking Doug up at four, it's three thirty now. It's also Saturday.

These past two months have felt long. Very long. I think it has to do with the fact that we're still on our break, and we haven't talked about if we want to remain together or be broken up.

All Harry has told me was that he started therapy again. I thought that was a big step for him because he is usually so closed off with how he feels. But I'm glad he's trying to move on, not for my sake, for his of course.

I change into my usual pyjama pants and teeshirt. I tie my hair into a messy bun and I soon gather all of Doug's things so that he has his toys and such at Harry's home.

What startles me is that my dog starts barking at whomever is behind my door. That gave me a mini flashback to when John was behind my door a few months ago.

I let out a small deep breath and look out the peep hole and see Harry. He's on his phone it looks like.

I unlock my door and open it. His iPhone is pressed against his hear and he glances to me then to Doug who jumps on his legs.

A wide smile is plastered in his lips causing his dimples to appear. I haven't seen his dimples in ages, it feels like. Usually he's so emotionless at the office so I don't get to see them.

I don't disturb his call, I just walk to my living room and grab Doug's things.

When I return to the foyer Harry is no longer on his phone. His smile has faded and he's back to himself.

I wonder who he was on the phone with.

"He hasn't peed." I warn Harry while putting on Doug's leash.

"Have you not walked him?"

"I tried. He just refused to pee outside," I say with a sigh. "I just thought I should give you a heads up."

"Thanks," Harry murmurs. His green eyes look down to Doug who's rolled over on his back. He kneels down and rubs our dogs tummy. "I'll drop him off Tuesday night?" His green eyes glance up to me.

"Sounds good," I feel like a divorced parent.

Harry stands back up after putting the leash on him.

He doesn't say anything about how he's doing or about us, which I expect.

It took him six months for him to kiss me for longer than a peck. I didn't expect the break to be a month, or expect him to change instantly.

"Eve?" Harry says before he leaves.

"Yeah?" I hold on to the door knob, and my body presses against the side of the door.

"Are you busy this upcoming Saturday?" I bite my lip.

"I'm not," I say timidly.

"Um, can we talk then?" He hints to the word talk for me to understand what he means.

"Yeah, sure." I reply.

"Okay, great. Um, Champs at seven?" I nod.

Harry doesn't say anything else. He just smiles politely at me then walks away with Doug.

I soon close the door behind them and let out a deep breath.

Now I'm nervous.

***

It's Monday and I'm at work.

It still feels weird that I have an actual job. It makes me feel professional in a sense. And it also makes me feel like I have my life together.

I'm seated at my desk and my coffee is beside me.

I look up from my papers and see Harry across the room with some woman I've never seen before. Her brown hair is pulled into a pony tail and she looks like she's in her late twenties.

A smile is on both of their lips as well. Her hand touches his arm when she laughs or even when she says something. That makes my eyes narrow.

I hate that I get jealous easily. I used to be the non jealous type before I knew John was cheating on me whenever he has the chance. I'm not saying Harry is cheating on me, I don't think he would. Maybe they're just friends.

I look back at them and see Liam walks over to where they are. Harry's hand rests on her lower back as he introduces her to him.

That makes my heart pinches when it shouldn't.

Friends do that, right? It's normal.

I feel like googling it because I'm paranoid now.

I shake my head and look back down at my work that I have to finish my Friday. I grab my red pen and start tapping it against the stack of papers near me.

I'm more nervous about Saturday now.

A://N

Good morning / afternoon/ night ; idk what time is it by you guys

Smallish time jump

Your feedback on the book would be appreciated !! :)

Comment goal: 60??????

~lauren