30

*warning*

Please don't read the flashback if you're not comfortable / triggered

30

Eve POV

I'm at the office today. It's a warm day out and I'm wearing pants for the same reason I'll always have.

Besides my uncomfortableness in my jeans, my head is pounding. I woke up with a headache, which is the fucking worst.

I took some medicine, so I'll see if that helps.

My eyes peer off the papers I'm going over and I look at Denise. She's a supervisor here and she's talking to Harry. Her golden blonde hair is down, and her outfit is mature. I believe she's nearly thirty. The heels she's wearing makes her look older. A smile is plastered on both of their lips. Occasionally she'll touch his elbow or forearm. He both laugh making my eyes look down at the papers.

I've never seen them talk before. It took me weeks to get Harry to even smile at me let alone laugh.

*Flashback*

It's midnight.

I shouldn't be relieved that John isn't home, but I'm skeptical to why he isn't.

He's a very scheduled person and comes home the same time and leaves the same time.

Currently I'm downstairs watching TV. There are a lot of new shows out that I never knew about. When he's home, which is a lot, I don't watch TV or anything. He'll throw in my face how he pays for it and all that. But I can't sleep so I wanted something to take my mind off of things.

The front door creaks open and I turn off the TV in panic. I put the remotes where they were and fix the blanket that was around my body.

I stand up and slowly walk to the door.

I turn on the hallway light and see he's standing by the door. "What are you doing home late?" I ask curiously.

"Why are you up late?" His questions me.

"I couldn't sleep." I say. I would've loved to fall asleep without him beside me. But when my chance comes I can't sleep.

"So what have you been doing? Staring at the four walls?"

"Homework for my classes." I lie. "You still haven't answered my question."

"I was out with my friends, happy?" My eyes look to the hickey on his neck.

"Then why do you have hickey on your neck?" I ask timidly. His brown eyes scowl at me. I never thought he was a cheater. Well, I never thought he'd hit me so I'm wrong again.

"Why don't you mind your business." He nudges me to the side causes me to stumble back. He walks away but I follow behind.

"Did you cheat on me?" I ask. He remains silent which doesn't help. "John it's a yes or no answer."

"If there is a hickey on my neck what do you think?" He turns around and faces me. My heart pinches.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why did I cheat on you?" Lately he'll come home later every so often and smell like some other girl. I tried to not focus on that though.