11

Eve POV

"What the hell are you wearing?" I say to Harry when I see him on Saturday morning.

"What?" He looks down at his outfit that is far from casual.

"Stop with your casual slacks dude."

"You can tell the difference, right?" Harry says.

"Yes, one makes your balls breath." I say making him scoff. "You wearing sweatpants would've been better."

"I like my slacks." Harry defends.

He decided to go with me to the park on Saturday to help the dogs in shelters find homes.

"We got an hour before it starts. Come on." I take his forearm and walk.

"What? Where are we going?"

"You'll see Mr. Styles." I grin humorously to myself.

***

"No." Harry says to me. I took him to Old Navy to get jeans. I literally had to drag him into the store. He said only common people shop here and he isn't common. I pinched his arm at his rude comment.

"What's wrong with them?" I exclaim. He looks like a normal late twenty year old.

"Everything." He looks down at them. "They're tighter than my slacks Eve." I chuckle. They make his butt look good though.

"You look fine." I say. "It's more causal for the event."

"Causal?" Harry says with wide eyes. "I haven't worn jeans since high school."

"Why not?" I ask curiously.

"Because I'm a businessman not a teenager." Harry says like it's obvious. "I'm not going in this."

"Yes you are." My arms cross over my chest and his eyes look into mine. He bites down and stares at me. I stare back. My face serious. His jaw soon loosens and a smile creeps onto his pink lips as one went on mine.

"You fucking owe me."

"I'll treat you to a free breakfast at the diner." I say making him laugh. I love his laugh, he doesn't laugh often but when he does it's a nice laugh. I smile gently and he goes back to the dressing room to grab his "casual slacks".

I swear I will burn them if I see them again.

***

We're at the park now. I'm on the fluffy green grass playing a pug. His name is Doug.

Doug the pug.

That makes me smile.

"You'll find a home soon little guy." I say in a whisper to Doug. I itch behind his ear. I look to Harry who looks uncomfortable on the grass.

"Not used to sitting on grass?" I question the prissy man behind me.

"Why, does it not look like it?"

"Yes." I chuckle. I lift the pug that's two years old. I extend my arms out to Harry. "This is Doug."

"Doug the pug." I grin at his words.

"Doug needs a home. Do you have a home?"

"No I live on the streets."

"So funny." I murmur. "Are you lonely?" I ask.

"No comment." That makes a grin go on my lips. He has a backstory.

I want to know it.

"Doug won't make you lonely." I gently move the dog back and forth.

"Why don't you adopt Doug?" Harry asks me.

"Because it would feel like I'm replacing Chip by letting Doug use his stuff." I stroke the pugs hair.

"Buy new stuff."

"Does it look like I'm made out of money?" I question the man sitting beside me. "I would adopt this guy if I could." I sigh. Plus, this shelter charges money when you adopt them. The shelter Chip was at didn't.

A women is looking around. "I should show that women Doug because he needs a home, shouldn't?" I ask.

"It would be the right thing to do." Harry hums. I look to the pug on my lap who looks happy and cuddly.

I stand up from the grass and walk over to her with the pug in my arms.

***

I sold over 15 dogs today.

Harry sold 20. I use the word sold freely because the dogs were adopted and they're in good homes now.  I told Harry that the only reason why he sold more pets was because the woman he was showing dogs to like his looks and did it to please him. He scoffed at me and was offended.

Doug didn't get adopted.

No one wants a pug because they're "ugly". That make me tear up because Doug is a sweet dog who needs love.

After our day at the park we went to the diner. We both got pancakes. He laughed at me when we left because we didn't pay anything because I eat for free.

I'm home now.

I'm on my couch watching mindless TV. I feel like a good person helping out with all the dogs.

I just feel bad for Doug. No one needs to be sleeping in a shelter their whole life.

My door bell rings making my eyebrows furrow.

I get up from the couch and walk to the door. I look through the peep hole and see no one there.

I pull the door open and look down the hall. No one is there. My eyes look down at the placemat outside me door and I see Doug. He's in a red dog bed and dog food and toys and are beside him. He's on a leash and has his tongue out.

A note is beside Doug. I let the pug into my home and read the note.

To Eve:

I think you're lonely

So I got you the pug

Totally not because I felt nice...

All the payments for his vet I pay for fyi

See you tomorrow

~Harry

Not Harold

A://N

Hello

Comment goal: 30?????

Tysm for reading

~lauren