4

Eve POV

I don't work at the publish office again until tomorrow.

I intern there Monday's, Thursdays, and Fridays. The other four days of the week I work at a diner.

With the internship I get paid minimal for, and I need to pay my rent. With the internship, and this job I just make enough. Every now and then I sadly need to ask my Dad for money. He never complains or argues. He knows I'm trying.

"Eve pick up table five." My manager, Carson says to me. He's a kind male in his 30's who's very lenient with my hours.

"Okay." I reply. I take a notepad resting on the counter and walk to the table I'm told to attend too.

I look at the two men and see it's Mr. Styles and Mr. Payne. I see Mr. Styles shrug to himself and lean back in the booth. That makes me grin.

"Hello Eve." Mr. Payne greets me with a friendly smile.

"Hello." I reply back with a grin. "Can I start you off with something to drink this morning?" I ask politely.

"Orange juice." I nod. I look to his friend who looks annoyed. "What about you Harry? Black coffee?" I find it fun annoying him, which I shouldn't.

"Yeah." He gives up on correcting me. His voice is bland and tense.

"I'll be back shortly with your drinks then to take your order." I walk away to grab their drinks.

I find it odd that I keep bumping into him. First was in the city, then Foster centre, now it's my job. Where else? The mall?

I pour the coffee into the white mug and grab Mr. Payne's juice.

I soon walk back to the table and place the cups down. "Are you ready to order?" I ask. My voice is peppy as it always is at work.

"Yes. I'll take the buttermilk pancakes please." The kinder male says to me, I nod. "How about you?"

"The same." Harry's voice is bored. "Please." He adds at the end.

"Will do." I say. I grab their menus. "If you'd like anything else just call for me."

"Before you go." Mr. Payne says. "Is uh Sophia at the Foster centre with anyone?"

"No." I say with a small smile. "Want me to give you her number?"

"You have it?"

"I have my ways." I grin. "I'll write it on your receipt."

"Thank you, Eve."

"Of course." I smile softly. I soon walk away.

~

I wait for their food to be done. In the mean time I check up on my other tables. I've received so far today, 100 dollars in tip. Which is good considering I've only been working for two ours today so far.

"Order for table five." I hear the bell ring in the kitchen. I grab the two plates. I walk back to their table. Their chatter becomes muffled and low.

"Don't worry, I didn't spit in your food." I say to Harry who is glaring at me. "I'll be back later to check on how you're doing." I dismiss myself and head to the table across from them who are done.

Harry POV

"I can't get a break from her." I complain to Liam who chuckles. "What?"

"She's busting your balls."

"She has no right to bust my balls. I'm her boss, not her friend." Liam rolls his eyes. "You beg to differ?"

"You're her boss at the office. Not outside." My friend hums.

"I don't care. It's respect. Who calls their boss by their first name? It's rude. Was she not raised right?"

"Why does it bug you so much? I call you Harry."

"You're my friend. She's far from one." I say. I sip my coffee.

"Ever since-" I cut him off.

"Don't." I say. My voice tenses up and I stare at him.

"I'm just saying, since then you've acted cold."

"Stop talking about it Liam." I repeat again. My voice deepening. He shrugs to himself and eats his breakfast.

"Eve is a nice girl." Liam brings up after a few moments. My eyes glare at him.

"Nice as in annoying?" His head shakes.

"She's not annoying." I roll my eyes.

"First of all, who names their kid Eve?"

"It's a pretty name, asshole."

"What do you got a crush on her?" I ask with humour in my voice.

"No, I like Sophia. But do you?" I laugh.

"I'd rather quit my job then be with her." I say.

"There's nothing wrong with her." Liam says.

"Are you guys friends?"

"At the office we talk sometimes. She's interesting to talk too." My friend hums.

"Great. I'm glad you've met a friend at work." I say sarcastically. "You guys can go finger paint." I mock.

"Really? Finger paint? We're only four years older than her."

"She acts like a seventeen year old." I defend.

"You act like a eighty year old sometimes." I scoff at his comment and finish off my coffee.

"Can we change the topic?"

"Sure." Liam giggles.

"Why are you laughing? What did I say that was funny?"

"You really need to get laid." My friend complains. I mumble things to myself and run my hand through my hair tensely. "Speaking of getting laid, lets hope Sophia is interested in me."

He talks to me about how they met and how he's interested in her. My mind travels off to her and how much I miss her.

A://N

Hello

Last update for the night :)

Comment whatcha think so far?

~lauren