82

Eve POV {past}

I wish I was old enough to actually have a job. I love it when Ethan asks me to pick up his shifts as a cater boy for weddings. This is my second wedding I'm filling in for, but I love it already. My dad doesn't want me to work to help out our family. But I want to help out, I love helping.

Me filling in for Ethan is just between us though, my Dad doesn't know that I'm doing this.

I'm currently going around refilling drinks and trying my best to get through all of them as quickly as I can.

I stop at the bride and groom table and ask them what they had to drink so I can get them another.

They both had water. I look to the baby beside them and smile. She looks about a year old and has dimples and light brown eyes that match her Mom's.

I excuse myself from their table to get them more ice water.

~

Around an hour and a half into the reception I stop for a short bathroom break.

When I walk into the bathroom I see the bride. She's standing in front of the mirror touching up her makeup.

I look away from her and head to a stall awkwardly. What makes me stop is the sound of her sweet voice. "You're doing a good job as a cater girl," The bride says to me. I face her and see a smile on her pink lips.

"Thank you," I say. She looks young. Maybe twenty. Her hair is in a fancy bun and a grin is still on her lips. She's overall beautiful looking. I hope I can look like that when I'm older. I still have that "baby face" and pimples that appear at the wrong times.

I hate being fifteen.

"How old are you? May I ask?" The bride asks me curiously.

"I'm fifteen," I answer.

"Don't you have to be sixteen to work?" The bride says with a smug smile. My face heats a little. "Don't worry, I won't tell,"

"I'm just filling in for my brother," I admit.

"That's kind of you. I'm Jane," Her hand extends out to mine.

"I'm Eve," I shake her hand. I was expecting her to tell me to leave the bathroom so she can pamper herself and be left alone. I wasn't expecting her to have a conversation with me.

"Pretty name," She compliments. "Is your birthday on Christmas Eve?"

"It is," I chuckle a little and Jane smiles more. "How old are you?" I ask.

"Nineteen," She says, making me wonder why she wants to get married so young. "You're probably wondering why I wanted to get married at such a young age, right?"

"I'm not one to judge anyone," I say honestly.

"It's fine if you are, it seems weird to a lot of people." A smile is still on her lips as she speaks.

"Has anyone said something to you?" I ask curiously.

"75 percent of everyone asked if I'm sure I want to get married," Jane snickers. "And I didn't hesitate saying I was absolutely sure. And most of everyone has commented on our age and all that shit. But, we've been through a lot together and I love him more than I love myself." She stops speaking for a few moments. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No," I say. "I'm not uh the type of girl guys want, you know? Plus, I'm only 15." I ramble a bit. My dad says I can't have a boyfriend until I'm 18. Usually most girls would argue with their dad's because they want boyfriends. No boy speaks to me so I don't mind waiting until I'm 18.

"Very understandable. When I was 15, I had braces and split ends. I was on my schools academic decathlon team as well. I never had a boyfriend prior to Harry, who's now my husband. I always thought boys came after my career and it changed." A wide grin is on her lips still. I love how happy she is talking about everything related to the person she loves. "And personally, I think it changed for the better, you know? I have this beautiful daughter and amazing now, husband."

We talk about different things for a while. I wish the best for them. From what it seems like, it sounds like they're both in love and happy.

I hope someone would want to marry me one day and have kids with me. I love babies which a 15 year old shouldn't really admit. I don't know, I just always imagine having a future with someone and starting a family with them.

***

I'm currently giving out main dishes to everyone. My mind is somewhere else and I'm just handing out the meals as quickly as I can. I'm supposed to "give out the hot meals before they turn warm". That's what my boss for the day says to me every time I grab a new plate.

"Eve, go grab some more napkins," My "boss" Terry says to me after I finish my last meal.

"Will do," I say.

I walk away and head to the back of venue to where we keep the extra napkins, forks, and such at.

The way to get there is the same the way to the bathrooms.

Since I never focus on anything, especially today, I bump into someone.

"Oh no!" I hear a little girls voice say.

I look to the person I bumped into and see it's the groom. "I'm so sorry," I say with semi wide eyes.

"You're fine." He says to me. My eyes look to his daughter who's grinning widely. She waves at me and I wave back.

I look back to the Groom who's staring at me. "Do I know you from somewhere?" He asks me.

"Uh, I don't know. This is only the second catering gig I've had, and I don't work anywhere else." He looks semi familiar. I don't remember his name though, but I know his wife told me in the bathroom. My memory is complete shit.

"You just look very familiar, and I don't know why." He chuckles causing his dimples appear on his cheeks.

"Dada!" The cute little girl exclaims.

"Yes darling?" He says while looking down at his daughter who has deep dimples on her rosy cheeks. She looks just like her Dad with a slight mixture of her Mom.

She just smiles causing him to smile back at her. "Sorry again for bumping into you," I say a again.

"It's no problem, don't stress," We both soon go our own ways and I head where the napkins are.

I feel like I have seen or met him before. But I don't how I would know him.

I feel bad for thinking that he's good looking though. His wife is so sweet and kind and I feel like it's weird for me to look at him and think he's cute.

I shrug my shoulders to myself and grab the napkins that I need to get.

A://N

Hello!!

I might post another few chapters today

Comment goal: 60???

I have a poll on my twitter going on , it's on if I should make this book a sequel or one book. Go vote! My twitter is jkharrystyles :)

~Lauren