43

Eve POV

Harry and I have been back in New York City for a couple of days now.

Today is my first day back at the publishing office. I'm worried a lot has changed there and I'm going to be behind.

I worked at the diner yesterday and Kris told me I got tan, so I guess my goal was achieved.

It's been three days since I've been at my apartment alone since the "vacation". I assume it's best that Harry and I spend our time alone considering we've been by each others side for a whole week. I don't want to grow annoying to him.

"Good morning." I greet Liam who's by the front desk. His brown eyes are on a stack of papers.

"Good morning Eve. Glad to have you back." He smiles warmly at me. I smile back.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I ask.

"Uh, later today can you tell Mr. Horan to email me my documents for tomorrows meeting?" Liam asks kindly.

"Will do." I say.

We soon both say goodbye. I walk back to my desk and I look up to see Nate giving me a dirty look.

I look back down at the piles of manuscripts I need to read and look over. Before I get to that I need to drop off Harry's things as I'm supposed to do every morning.

I gently knock on his office door and hear a muffled "it's open".

I step into his office and close the door behind myself. "I just came by to drop off your morning things." I say to Harry who nods.

"Leave it on my desk." He mumbles. I do what he says.

"You okay?" I question.

"Just stressed." Harry says.

"A lot of work to makeup?" I ask timidly.

"Yeah, just a lot of emails." He huffs. His pale green eyes look up to me.

"Oh." I murmur. "I'll leave you alone. I'll talk to you later?" Harry nods and goes back to typing on his computer.

***

It's ten o'clock at night and I'm on Harry's mattress. Doug is on my lap laying down. I smile.

We leave to see my family in two days. I'm not nervous, but I kind of think Harry is.

The plan is we get to my Dad's house Friday afternoon, sleep over, then leave Saturday night.

"You look stressed." I say to Harry.

"I just have a lot of meetings to catch up on." He says with a huff. His hand tugs through his brown hair. 

"Oh." I say. "Is that you hinting you don't want to go this weekend?" I ask timidly.

"No." He says instantly. "I was just saying why I'm a bit more stressed." I nod and I bite my lip. Harry leans in and kisses me. 

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yes." Harry says.

"Okay." I murmur. I look back to the dog on my lap. I itch behind his ear causing Doug to close his eyes.

"Do your brothers drink?" Harry asks me.

"Yes. I say. My voice lowers. 

"Does your Dad?" 

"No." I say. Doug moves off of my lap and sits on his bed that's on the floor. I frown slightly.

"Are we taking Doug with us?"

"We are." I snicker. "My nephews want to meet him." Harry smiles.

I move to where I usually sleep on his bed and extend my legs forward. "Did you take your sleeping pills?" Harry asks me.

"No, I'll see if I can fall asleep on my own." I yawn. Harry leans in and kisses me. His lips are soft against mine and make a my insides tingle a little.

We both lay down. I bring the covers to my chin and look to Harry who's settling in. He moves his head closer to me and drapes his arm around me under the covers. 

"You comfortable?" Harry asks me making me snicker. 

"Yes, very much." I murmur against the comforter. He smiles and kisses the top of my head. 

"Goodnight Eve." Harry says in a yawn. 

"Goodnight." I lean up and kiss his cheek. My head presses against his chest. My eyes close and I feel my body relax. His fingers run through my hair and he holds me tightly. 

"Eve?"

"Yes?" I yawn.

"I missed sleeping beside you." I hear him mutter against me.

"You haven't gotten annoyed with me using you as a body pillow yet?" I joke making him snicker.

"No." His hand falls to my lower back. "I'm glad to be your body pillow." I chuckle. 

"Good to know." I murmur. "What time do you leave tomorrow morning?"

"Sometime around eight." He informs me. "Why?"

"Can you wake me up when you get up? I have manuscripts to catch up on."

"I'm waking up at five to get a jog in." I huff.

"When you get back then." He snickers against me. 

"Will do love." His hand falls to my butt and he jerks his hand. "Sorry." 

"I don't care." I yawn. "I like you, so you can touch my butt." My tired eyes open then close.

"Good to know." I hear him murmur. "I'll let you go to sleep now." 

"Okay." I close my eyes. In a few minutes I fall asleep. 

A://N

next chapter will be harry meeting eve's family 

comment ??

vote ??

ty for 62k reads !!

~lauren