Chapter 15: Is she ok?

*Jack POV
I thought it was weird that she didn't eat lunch or supper. Am I being paranoid? Maybe I should ask Mark. Cameryn had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I picked her up and taking her to her room. I laid her in her bed.

"Goodnight Cameryn I love you!" I said leaning down and kissing her head.

"I love you too dad!" She said.

I left the room going down stairs. When I got down stairs Mark was staring at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I have been your friend for awhile now I can tell when you are worried." He said.

"Cameryn hasn't been eating. The doctor told me she wasn't eating at the hospital. That was two days ago. The breakfast we got her this morning she only ate two bites of it. I don't know what wrong." I said with my head in my hands.

"She was bullied at the home. They carved the word fat on her arm that would mess someone up. I will talk to her tomorrow ok?" Mark said.

"Ok! It just makes me so mad someone would do that to a sweet little girl." I started crying.

Mark hugged me.

"It is not your fault. You are the best thing that could of ever of happen to her. Now get some rest." Mark said

I walked up to my room and laid on my bed replaying what Cameryn told us what happened to her. Tears rolled down my face. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

*Marks POV
Jack was really shaken up. I heard rustling up in Cameryns room. Then i heard crying. I ran up to her room. She was sitting in bed crying.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yes I just had a nightmare." She said still shaken up.

"Wanna talk about it?" I wanted to know what happened.

"Before Jack adopted me I was adopted by a man named Finn. He hit me and almost drowned me day in and day out. When I had been in his house for about two years he didn't want me there anymore. He figured he could just kill me. So he hit me with a club and tied me up. Then he drove me to a bridge he looked into my eyes and told me I was fat and worthless and then he pushed me off the bridge into the water. Lucky someone had rescued me or else I would of died. I never knew who they were because I was in the water so long I passed out." She said shaking.

"I am so sorry Cameryn!" I said tearing up.

"Ok well good night!" I said walking out of the room.

"Wait uncle Mark can you stay in here?" She called after me.

"Of course sweetheart!" I said sitting on her bed with her.

She laid back and hugged me. She started calming down and eventually fell asleep.

"Good night Cameryn. Sweet dreams." I said before falling asleep.

(Time skip till morning)

When I woke up this morning Cameryn wasn't there anymore. I walked down stairs but I didn't see her. Where was she?

"Hey jack have you seen Cameryn?" I asked

"No." Jack said panicking a little.

"Let's look around she has to be here some where."  I said trying to calm Jack down.