Powers

*Cameryns POV*
"How do you feel about public school?" Jack asks me.

I am trying to talk but nothing comes out. Tears start to stream down my face. My face feels hot and I feel like I am going to pass out. Jack runs off to get something. Signe comes over to me.

"Cameryn look at me! Name 3 things you can see." She says. I think it's weird but I do it anyway. It is hard to do because I can't breath.

"I see you *gasp* a table *gasp* with four chairs *gasp* and plates." I choke out.

"Good! Name two things you can smell!" She says.

"*gasp* chicken *gasp* and buffalo sauce." I again choke out. It's even harder than before.

"Now name one thing you can hear." She says. My world start to spin and go black.

"I-I can *gasp* hear *gasp* you." I say falling off my chair. Signe catches me.

"Time to go sweetheart!" Jack says scooping me up.

He has a blanket and a bag? What why? Ow my head. Did he know this was going to happen? He sits me in his lap in the front seat while Signe drives.

"*gasp* D-Dad" I gasp.

"Shhhhh it's ok!" He says. How can this be ok? I hate being like this! My world is getting really dark but I push through it. We arrive at the hospital Signe pulls up and Jack runs me inside. He goes to the front desk. As he does he is stopped by the doctor.

"Sean? What's wrong? I need you to stay calm!" Doctor Bellow said.

"She's having a really server anxiety attack!" He said over my gasping.

"Ok take her back!" He said to one of the nurses. She took me from Jack.

"No*gasp* dad*gasp*!" I say tears streaming down.

"Let him back!" Doctor Bellow ordered.

They sat me on a bed and Jack was there holding my hand. I would squeeze his hand when I was scared. I tried not to grab it too hard.

"This will calm you down. It's ok!" A nurse said giving me a shot. I hate medicine. It makes my anxiety very high.

"Cameryn I know you don't like medicine but this will help. I promise!" Jack said.

I closed my eyes and started to focus on certain things trying to calm down. I could hear Doctor Bellow speak but not what he was saying. I could feel myself fall asleep because of the medicine. So with the last bit of energy I have a turn to Jack.

"Don't tell *gasp* Mark!" I say falling asleep.

(Time Skip)

"That was a weird dream I had last night!" I say to myself.

I feel something on my face. I sit up and open my eyes. There is an oxygen mask on my face. What the? Are you kidding me?! This wasn't a dream. I dragged my dad back to the hospital for my sorry butt! Why do I keep doing this? The door opens and Jack and Signe walk in.

"Hello sleepy head!" Signe says.

"Hello" I said meekly. Right when I said that Doctor Bellow come in the room. He walks over to my bed.

"Good morning Cameryn! Is it fine if I ask you a couple of questions?" He asks. I nod my head yes.

"Cameryn did you live in a place with mold and mildew?" Bellow asks.

"Yeah. Most of the orphanages would put me in the basement." I say.

"That explains the asthma. Here take this. It's an inhaler. When you feel like this again use this." He says handing me a green inhaler.

"Thank you. Are we free to go?" I ask.

"Yep!" Bellow says. He takes out my IV. Man I hate that. I get dressed from the bag Jack packed me. We walk out. I feel a lot better with that medicine. We get in the car

"I am sorry I don't know why that happened when you brought up school." I said.

"It's fine you have had some bad experiences. I think it might be better to homeschool you for a year or two and then go to public school." Jack smiles.

"Ok." I say.

"Plus Signe said it was caused by something else." Jack said concerned.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Well you know how my mom wants your power? Well she has her ways of getting it. Notice that Cuan has been gone? Well she took him as a power source." Signe explains.

"What can I do get rid of her?" I ask.

"Give up your powers. But most people who do that don't survive." She says. That's all I needed to hear. We arrive at a little cafe for breakfast. I walk in and see Clark!

"Clark?!" I say as he comes up and hugs me. I hug him back.

"Are you ok?" He asks in a panic.

"Yes I am fine!" I say. We sit down and eat. All I can think about is how to get rid of these powers.