Chapter 4.

The cup in my hand nearly fell to the floor as I glanced at the image in my phone of Zayn. Luckily he didn't see me which gave me the chance to hide away in a corner. 

I admired the way he looked for a moment. A denim jacket covered his broad shoulders, a white t-shirt tightly adored his torso. A pair of black skinny jeans clung perfectly below his waist and his look was completed with his black boots.  

I was quick to snap back into reality once I saw him wave good bye to the people he was conserving with and make a bee line towards the stairs. My body shifted in another direction, standing close to a big group of some random teens. I looked down at my cup which suddenly became very interesting as I felt him coming towards me. A swift breeze past me as Zayn past by, the smell of a very strong axe devoured my senses. I mentally thanked God for not letting him see him before turning back around and literally race my out of the spot I was in. 

My elbows nudged random bodies as I made an effort to get to me friends. Once I reached them, I was nearly panting. I grabbed Allison by her arm and turned her around to face me, stopping her from dancing. 

"Woah?" Allison's eyes widened. "What happened to you?" 

"We have to go." I breathed out as Claire and Ariana curiously walked into our conversation. The look in my eyes could tell I meant every word I said. 

"What! Why?" Allison asked. 

"I thought you were having a good time?" Claire added. 

I became more worried at the thought of what happened a few moments ago. "I was. But then I saw Zayn!" 

"What? Where? Did he do anything?" Ariana asked. 

My head nodded in disagreement."No, but I don't want to stay any longer. He was this close to see me." I exaggerated the amount with my fingers. 

Just as they started to gasp, I found Tyler continue to make his way over to us. A smirk on his face as he walked to beat of the song that was playing in the background. 

"Is everything okay around here?" Tyler asked, glancing at each one of us for an answer. 

"Not really, Paige here wants to leave!" Claire exclaimed. It was clear none of them wanted to leave but I couldn't help but want what I think is better. 

"Why? The party is just getting started?" He grinned. 

I stayed quiet, my head dropping to the ground in frustration. I looked up just in time to spot the same black hair and denim jacket jogging back down the stairs. The look of fear made my friends realise I've spotted him. 

"She's just scared because this guy is creeping her out." Claire spilled while crossing her arms over her chest. 

Tyler glanced at me the back at Claire, "Who's bothering her?" 

I felt Tyler look at me again but I ignored him,still fearful of the mysterious male who seemed to start looking around the area of dancing teens. Tyler seemed to trace the imaginary line I had focused on Zayn with his eyes. 

"Zayn!?" He blurted out,almost in shock and a bit confused. "Are you sure?" 

The girls and I nodded. My concentration on Zayn seemed to become not as interesting as the thought of Tyler knowing who he was. 

"Do you know him?" I asked. 

"Do I know him?" He asked sarcastically."He's what everyone's been talking about ever since he was all over the news!" 

"In a good way or in a bad?" I asked. I already knew the answer but I was still curious. 

"Bad!" Tyler exclaimed. "I'd stay away from him if I were you. He's bad news,Paige." 

"H-How?" My words seemed to tremble at the thought of a possible story Tyler would tell me. Was I going to go along with this? 

Tyler's face became stern, no emotion showed. "That guy broke the freaken record for beating the life out of another guy in a matter of seconds and got away with it, went to jail for knocking a guy down to steel his car and outrun the cops. No one knows why he did it or how he got away with it but he did. He's just mysterious and more of a lone wolf. Nobody knows much about him except for the fact they need to stay away. He's also the reason why I'm not at he top."  

I knew I should've just walked away when I had the chance because I now not only heard a story that scared me to death but also made me feel in danger. How could all of that be true? Images of what Tyler told us flushed to the front of my mind. I was completely speechless,we all were.

"Paige, what are you going to do now?" Ariana asked breaking the silence between us. 

I couldn't manage to even move a muscle, still terrified of Tyler's story. 

"Look, if Paige wants to leave then I suggest you listen to her." Tyler inquired. 

"Thanks Tyler." Allison spoke as she grabbed me by the arm. "I'll see you back home." 

Tyler nodded and told us to drive safely as he watched us leave. Once we hopped into the car, Ariana came up with the most unthinkable thing to say, "I don't think he's as bad as Tyler said." 

"What!" Claire exclaimed, "Didn't you just hear what he said!?" 

"Well yeah but still.. Zayn doesn't look like that type of person." 

"You're crazy!" Allison exclaimed as she started her car. 

"I'm just saying, I don't think he's the type of guy people say he is. You should never judge a book by its cover." Ariana replied. 

"You say that about everyone, Ariana." Claire rolled her eyes. 

"Fine, you say that now but I'll like to see the day you found out he might be a good guy." She defended. 

"And if he's not?" Claire asked. 

"I guess we'll never know." I sighed.

***

"Thanks again for the ride, Allison." I smiled as I closed the backseat door. 

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow and don't think about tonight." She smiled 

I only nodded and waved as I watched her car slowly drive away. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to think about tonight. How couldn't I? 

As soon as Allison's turned on the small curve out of my neighborhood, I began to walk up the front steps of my house. The keys were pulled out of my back pocket and quickly inserted into the knob. I opened the front door and kicked it closed with my foot once I was in.  

I have to admit, I hate coming home to not see my Mom in her favorite lounge chair, drinking tea and reading the latest issue of People Magazine. But I know my Mom is doing what she loves, flying around the globe as a flight attendant. It gets lonely here for sure but her trips usually last three days at max. She'll be back in two days for sure, I know she will. 

Just as I reached the top of my bedroom,my phone began to vibrate in my back pocket. Thinking it was a text from my Mom saying she just landed, I curiously pulled out my phone to read the text. My eyebrows began to furrow as I opened a message from an unfamiliar number.

FROM: UNKNOWN

Don't think I didn't see you, love.

My eyes widened as I read the text. This has Zayn spelt all over it. What the hell!?