Chapter 51.

"Duck."

I thought about it long and careful. What could that possibly mean?

Zayn was confused too, eyes never leaving the mysterious flying brick. I looked back at the window, my mouth beginning to fall agape at the look of some shadows quickly passing by. The meaning of what it actually meant flooded to the front of my mind but I did nothing in my power to do anything, not even advice Zayn.

Considering the look on his face when he looked at me and what I was so highly focused on, he then knew what it meant too.

"Shit!" Zayn yelled, almost in the way of slow motion as a hundred bullets came flashing through the windows.

The room became silent from my prospective, it was as if the world had gone to a nervous breakdown that now it was choosing me as its victim.

Zayn was nervously looking around the place, eyes falling on me seconds later.

I couldn't move. Bright lights shined through the living room window. I was shocked at the sight of bullets aiming at me. The antibiotics that were given to me back in the hospital forced me not to move though I really wanted to. It was as if I stopped working. My body shut down on me in my time of need.

"Paige!" Zayn's voice yelled in a deeper, more slower way.

He looked scared, veins popping out from the side of his neck and top of his forehead.

Still, I remained motionless.

He started heading my way, trying to cover up himself from the shots being fired around the house. They made it all the way to shattering the windows of the kitchen, all in a line down the street. The front door busted into tiny pieces providing an opening to the house. God only knows if they'll actually use that as an advantage to get in.

When my mind and body finally hit realization, I was already taken up above my feet and thanks to the force of gravity, I hit the ground.

Zayn was on  top of me. I fell on my front so he was on me like a shield, sort of speak. I didn't like the sound, I was scared. They were going to come in and that would be the end. My eyes remained closed and I wished not to open them until this was all over.

But I didn't.

They shot right back open at the sound of Zayn's Mom rushing into the scene from her bedroom, a look of worry in her eyes as she saw us laying down on the ground.

The harsh feeling that came from my back was soon felt as Zayn continued to yell for his Mom to get down. The noise was preventing her hearing what he was yelling but she refused to go down either way. I can tell that she was worried more about her son. At this point, I don't think anyone would care about anything going on in their surroundings when  loved one is in trouble. But she needed to know that it wasn't safe for her to be up. She had to get down, and fast.

"Mum!" Zayn yelled angrily one last time.

Tess stood still, looking out in front of her as if she saw a bullet headed her way.

My heart pounded like crazy, yelling from the top of my lungs. It was all happening too soon that in the end, I had to look away.

Zayn yelled and tears started to flood down my eyes. A loud thumping noise was heard from a body falling onto the hard ground. I knew then that moment, that was it.

The pain I started to feel was unbearable. I couldn't take it any longer and just let myself go into tears and sobs.

The noise stopped shortly after. 

Sounds of guys driving away in their cars were heard from outside. Laughter followed.

I was still afraid to look back up again, noticing Zayn wasn't yelling anymore. Could it be that he was too shocked? Or was he not looking like I was?

Either way, the cries continued in my eyes. When I finally built up the courage to look up, I sealed my dried up lips and held the screams in.

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of shattering glass.

And there she was.

On the ground, with Avan's body hovering over hers almost the way Zayn was with mine.

Tess didn't  die.

"Mum!" Zayn called out, swiveling out of me to run up to where the two bodies laid.

I remained concentrated in the scene as he got down on his knees. His Mom sat up, looking back down at Avan. It seemed as if Zayn was asking her all these questions and she was only shaking their heads.

Fear heightened once again as I realized Avan still wasn't up.

Zayn nudged down, giving his body a small shake and in another quick second, he was up again.

He seemed a little confused but not much to which he should be worried about.

I was relieved again that everything was okay. But it wasn't until the same loud, thrusting feeling happened again in my head. I had bumped my head once again when I fell. This wasn't good. Nurses strictly warned me about that and it has happened again, all to which was my fault.

I made an effort with all my power to get up. It didn't take me much father then what I had in mind. My arms started to shake uncontrollably, vision got blurry and I started to hear everything like if I was trapped in a glass bottle or something.

I noticed Zayn's Mom make an effort to get him to look at what was happening but he was a little too late. I tried my best to keep up with my weight but it was just too much. My eyes started to roll up and close before giving up on my arms. The shock, the painful hit I took to my already injured head made me feel this way. Thankfully, no one is hurt.

I had let myself collapse back onto the floor but I never hit it. My eyes made an effort to look back up and see what was going on. It was Zayn.

He had caught me before I fell and already had me wrapped up in his arms, pushing some hair away from my face.

"No, don't do this again!" He begged, "Please, Paige. You're stronger than this."

He shook me uncontrollably. I guess you can say it helped.

"Zayn, calm down." His Mom begged holding onto his shoulder.

He ignored her. I wanted to stay awake but it was so hard.

"Give her something to drink?" I heard Avan speak from behind, his voice a little in pain.

Immediately I saw Tess get up and race to away, later to come back with a glass of water. Zayn sat me up and placed the glass up to my lips. The cold liquid ran down my throat, instantly bringing me back.

I coughed out a few sips that were just too much for me and relaxed back next to Zayn. His Mom took back the cup and rubbed my back for a quick second before Zayn took me back in his arms.

"I thought I told you to never scare me like that again." He embraced me.

His hold was stronger than ever. This really had him going crazy. All of us, actually.

"Who would do this?" Zayn's Mom asked looking at all of us.

Zayn loosened his grip allowing me to sit back up. I took notice that both Zayn and his Mom were looking back at Avan.

He looked at them as if they were crazy. "You think this was because of me?"

They remained silent, forgetting about Avan and going back down to thinking of some suspects.

I looked down, recalling what I remember. My nightmare. It was telling me something.

My head jolted back up, looking Zayn straight in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking at me a bit worried and bewildered.

"It was Ezra."