Chapter 11.

*NEXT MORNING*

   I couldn't sleep last night. Flashbacks from last night replayed in my mind like a record that just seemed to never stop. I could never imagine that a single night can bring a person a load full of nightmares.

I had been awake for about half an hour, my body still not having enough energy to stand up from bed. I felt like a slum, I bet I even looked like one too. But that still wasn't going to change my mind to get up from bed now.

My head turned to look at the alarm clock that was set on the nightstand by my bed. The bolded numbers read 3:30pm . Great.

Knowing that I woke up way after I planned, I figured I must get up. Since the day is already halfway over a nice warm shower and a lazy day afterwards wouldn't hurt. Besides, I do have the house all to myself so I guess I must enjoy it while it lasts.

Slugging my body out of bed, I trudged my way towards my drawers. I didn't bother to care for what I'd wear so I just pulled out some random clothes for me to change into after my shower.

My head turned, eyes locking on the now vibrating phone that was next to my alarm clock. I stood and pondered for a quick second towards wheather I should pick it up or not.

"Hello?"I asked once I answered the phone.

"Paige? Are you still sleeping?" Claire asked.

"No."

"Oh, I thought you were. Are you doing anything tomorrow night?" She asked.

"Claire, if this is another one of your plans to go to another party, I'm not interested." I replied a bit to fast.

"Don't worry that's not why I called, I was just wondering if you wanted to go meet up with the girls and I over coffee and maybe go shopping afterwards?" Claire asked.

"I don't know, Claire..."

"Why? Paige, you're always  the first one to agree to these gigs. Actually, you were the one who started it. Is everything okay?" She asked, worry in her tone.

I wanted to tell her, I really did but I just couldn't. At least not like this, not by the phone."Truthfully, I'm completely lost."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked once again.

"Not now, I still need to get myself up and ready." I replied

"But do still want to spend tomorrow afternoon with the girls and I?" Claire asked.

I didn't want to go but I do have to tell someone about this and I couldn't think of anyone else but my three best friends. I can trust them on anything and they can trust me. It's what keeps us closer together.

"Why not?" I smiled.

A small shriek was heard through the other side of the line which made me smile.

"Perfect, I'll set up a time for us to meet at the coffee shop and then get us a ride to the mall."

My expression suddenly became a little dull towards her statement. "Actually, can we not go to the coffee shop and then the mall?"

I really didn't feel like telling them all of what happened in such a public place where anyone can hear it and then spread rumors. That's just going to make things worse.

"Okay,well...uhm..Where would you like to go?" Claire asked in consideration.

"Somewhere private with less people?"

We stood quiet for a moment before Claire broke the silence. "How about a movie night at my sister's boyfriend's house?"

"What's wrong with yours?" I asked.