Chapter 39.

I finished curling up my long black hair letting it all fall down over my shoulders. I didn't want to exaggerate but I have no idea where he's taking me? Not to mention, the thing he got me. I'm sure he's going to show me tonight.

My phone buzzed making me jump up slightly out of the small chair I was sitting in front of the makeup table in Zayn's Mom's room, which she told me to go in to.

I turned around, walking towards Tess's bed which I previously left it on and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey." Zayn's deep voice mumbled from the other side of the line.

"How are you?" I chuckled, slightly smiling at the thought of him.

It's been weird not seeing him all day, I really missed him. Though we did have our few text and calls every now and then, it just wasn't the same. They didn't last as long as I was hoping for. But I guess you can say he was busy.

"I'm good." He also chuckled, "How about you?"

"Good I guess?" I slightly frowned creasing a hand down my arm as it started to get goosebumps.

"I missed you today." He sounded serious this time.

"Why can't I see you?" I asked sounding a lot worried.

Knowing Zayn, when he doesn't want to see someone it's because something's up, he's not feeling good. Did I do something wrong? I don't think so? I mean, I don't hope so?

I heard Zayn chuckle once again.

"Can you just wait? Believe me, you're going to love it."

I gave myself a look of disbelief. At this point I don't want a surprise, I just want Zayn. His Mom is great and all and I didn't mind spending the day together, but I also miss him.

"I'm on my way to pick you up." I could just imagine him smiling by his tone of voice.

"Can I at least know where you were all day?" I asked in concern.

"It's so hot how you worry about me." He laughed, "It was nothing really, I was with Harry finding that stuff I told you I was going to get earlier today."

I playfully rolled my eyes, letting a loud sigh fall from my mouth as I decided our conversation should come to a conclusion. "Alright."

"Don't worry, babe." His voice comfort me, "Tonight is going to be special."

A smile reappeared in my lips. "You know you didn't have to do this?"

"Yes I did." He sounded serious, "I've never took you out and after all you've done for me, I think it's the least thing you deserve."

"Thank you." I giggled.

"Don't worry about it, be getting your stuff. I'm almost there." He paused, "Can't wait to see what you put on for me."

I could imagine him smiling at his last comment.

"Bye, Zayn." I chuckled before hanging up.

Thoughts about him and what he could possibly be up to hurried through my mind. Quickly changing the subject I went back to collecting my belongings.

Fixing up some final touches, I'd say I was done within the next five minutes. I grabbed my heals, hastily slipping each one on the foot it belonged to. My bag was swung over my shoulder. I took a step back, fixing up my hair and admiring my new look. Once I was satisfied, I started to walk out into the empty hallway.

Immediately, I started to hear small, faintly voices coming from downstairs. I followed it to the kitchen where I spotted a tall figure hovering over what I suspected to be Tess.