Chapter 29.

I entered the front building of the junk yard. When I entered, there was an empty desk; completely unattended. My eyes wandered around but found no one in sight. I began to grow tired of constantly calling out for someone to come out but it was useless.

I decided on my own to find someone myself. Walking up towards the back door behind the desk, I pushed the door open. Almost immediately I was blasted with sunshine. As my eyes adjusted to the new light, I slowly noticed I was in some type of abandoned drive in movie theater that is now used to fix old cars.

I looked around, there was still no one around. My eyes looked out further, ears becoming alert towards the sound of machines starting up. I knew at that moment there's where I have to go.

The smell of petroleum and gasoline as well as rusting metal was devoured into my scenes. It got really hot from here, so hot I had to pick up my hair in a ponytail. When I was done, I continued walking. My boots constantly kicked the light brown dirt around the place, making a bee line around the old cars to finally reach this tall mechanic garage.

The door was wide open, sparks started to go off as I walked by some guys working on some cars. Their backs were faced to me, some were even working under the cars.

The smell got stronger in here, but I didn't let that stop me. It started to become harder to hear with everything going on. My head flickering from side to side, searching for Zayn. No progress.

I tried calling out but it was no use, it was too loud. That's when I decided to give up and just leave. But before I left, my head automatically turned towards my right. It was then I noticed a familiar back with the same quiff hairdo.

He had his favorite black boots that I never got tired of seeing, light blue denim jeans that clung perfectly below his waist and a red bandana tucked in the back pocket. His muscles were fully shown from the white tank top he wore, only it didn't look so white anymore by some black oil stains around it.

I watched as he brought a hand up to his forehead to wipe away some sweat. He quickly grabbed the sides of the car in front of him.

The was also another guy on the side of the vehicle who seemed to take notice on me before anyone else did. He was handing a tool towards Zayn's direction but I'm guessing that wasn't what Zayn was looking for.

"Hey! Keep your eyes on the car!" Zayn playfully slapped the guys cheek, "Never look away or you'll get distracted and never finish the job, kid."

The guy, who seemed to be around 16 years old, looked back at me.

"Yeah, but what if I'm looking at her?"

Zayn straightened himself out, slowly turning around to see me. I was stunned to find out he didn't even smile at me, one glance and he turned back to the kid.

"Can you give us a second?" He asked.

The guy looked at both of us before dropping the tools he held back in the the tool box. He gave me a small smile as he walked right past me. I didn't even notice Zayn had already turned back around to continue his work on the car.

"What are you doing here?" He asked not looking back at me.

I grew disappointed as I walked up next to him, where the guy was last standing, but he still didn't look at me.

"I was eating with my friends and recognized your car outside." I paused, "Figured you might here."

"Well you found me." He continued working around the engine.

"Is everything okay?" I asked dropping my bag on the ground.

Zayn stopped, slowly looking up at me. He wasn't happy at all.