Chapter 20.

Zayn made a small turn into a neighborhood I've never seen before for as long I've lived here in New York. It was probably the quietest part of this neighborhood because as far as I'm concerned, this is the part of town that never sleeps. No wonder Zayn lives here.

The houses were two stories high, evenly allied along the road. Zayn made a second turn to the right to what seemed to be the end of the neighborhood. The sky was a light shade of pink and orange, I was surprised at the beauty that was in front of me.

The entire city could be seen from where we were over the gleaming water of the New York Harbor that streamed about two houses after the one I'm suspecting was Zayn's.  It was beautiful, who knew that this could be the town that never sleeps? I now know why.

My head slowly turned to look back at Zayn. I observed his actions, one hand tightly gripped on the steering wheel as the other one rested on the bottom border of the vehicle's window, half of his elbow hung from outside.  He looked more than just attractive with his dark sunglasses on, a look on his face that caught me off guard.

"We're here." Zayn stopped in the drive way of the house I expected to be his.

The exterior walls were painted a light shade of blue mixed with grey and a dark grey roof. A white porch stood out from the rest of the house but it wasn't as close as the big red door in the far left side of the house. It was a crazy beautiful house, not something that I would expect Zayn  to live in all alone.

I felt Zayn turn off the car's engine, his door soon swung open at the same time I unbuckled my seatbelt. The door was opened before I stepped out and slammed it closed. For some weird reason, I felt as if we weren't alone.

"So is this your place?" I asked walking around the front of Zayn's Range Rover, my eyes never leaving sight of the house in front of me.

Zayn looked down, he was hiding something, it showed it right in his face. But what could be so wrong about living in this place?

"Umm... Kinda?"

"Kinda?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows, "What's that suppose to mean?"

He didn't reply, instead he walked forward with one of his hands placed  behind my lower back, taking me along with him. I found his actions a bit strange but decided not to question it. We reached the top of the porch and that's when I remembered something I noticed when Zayn parked in the driveway.

"You have another car?" I asked.

Zayn looked back and noticed the black Bentley we parked next to. He turned back around to completely ignore it again and dug into his front pockets for his keys.

"What's going on?"

Zayn looked up and nodded his head, "Nothing."

He slid the key through the key hole and turned it to the side, soon to open the door in front of me. Zayn stepped in and started to look around, I was clearly confused.

"Zayn...?"

All of a sudden, I heard another voice come closer. I couldn't see who it was because Zayn was already inside in who knows where and I was still waiting outside for an invitation.

The whispers were faintly but it was clear to notice that it was a girl.

Without thinking, I stepped in and saw Zayn's large figure shadow the girl's, preventing me from seeing who it was. How could this be? Why would he have another girl here knowing he was going to bring me? I bet that was her car next to Zayn's.

Mentally, I prayed she wasn't here for what I thought it was.

Zayn stopped talking, his body slowly turning around to spot me in his doorway. Still, his body covered hers.