Family Ties (Civil War References)

This could be a spoiler for those who haven't seen CW, so content is below the cut so you can pass on by!  I used this version of the reader in my CW story and after I saw the movie, I thought about her a bit. She's actually my fave version of any of my stories.

I used the reader characterization from here: "We Are Not Soldiers" in Book One

Last chance to turn back before spoilers

___________________________________________________________________________

Tony's chopper landed amidst the falling rain, the reflection of his mood within it not lost on him as the engine came to a quiet while the doors above closed and the rain was blocked. He mournfully exited and followed Ross into the Raft, knowing that he was about to face his former teammates, his friends, and you, his sister. The pain in his expression was missed by no one, even guards who had never met him before and would have no idea of the man that Tony was. They wouldn't know how much this was hurting him, or how much he regretted everything; how much all he wanted was to tell Ross where to shove his Accords, but he was now bound by them and unable to free himself from the shackles he had placed on himself.

"She's here, right?" he asked Ross as they entered the circle of maximum security cells. "She was retrieved from the airport?"

"She's here," Ross replied flatly. "But you might not like what you're about to see, and just know that I don't give a damn."

Tony's mind began to race with what that could mean. Were you injured, or even worse, was he walking to a viewing of your corpse? He would never forgive himself for either, for dragging you into the middle of this when his promise to always protect you had failed so miserably. He would never forgive Steve for the same, but more so because he wasn't here now; he wasn't here fighting to free you, to take you somewhere safe. No one knew where Steve was, and his disregard for you in this moment was something that Tony would never let go.

He saw Wanda first, her face pale and her eyes darker than he had ever seen them. She looked back at him with a hollowness and a lack of emotion or seeming recognition; she was cold and distant and nothing like the last time he had seen her. Her fire was gone, lost in the restraints placed on her and the sedatives coursing through her veins to control her mind. Tony's heart began to race at the sight, frightened of what they may have done to you.

He passed by Clint, ignoring the barrage of insults that he knew he deserved coming from his cell, moving quickly past Scott and Sam to get to you.

"Stay away from her," Sam growled. "If you so much as try to touch her, I swear to God-"

"What?" Tony spat, turning angrily and storming up to the bars that held your friend. "What will you do? You're locked up behind max security, if you hadn't noticed, and I'm not scared in the least."

"I'm not the one you need to be afraid of, Stark."

"Oh," Tony huffed, "you mean Steve? I have to be afraid of Steve? I don't see him here, do you? You haven't been in lock up long enough to be hallucinating yet."

"Your people did this to her, and he'll never forgive you."

"Did what?" he became panicked, "what did they do?" He pushed from the bars and hurried forward down the line until he saw you. Your cell was filled with machines beeping and monitors watching your vitals, but you were completely sedated and unconscious. Tony leaned in as close as he could, his body and mind filling with desperation to connect with you now, with the images of fighting you at the airport barraging him relentlessly. "Wilson, what did they do?"

"They restrained her, but it wasn't enough. She went off the rails and began projecting, knocking everyone out," Sam replied quietly. "I tried to tell her to stop, but she wouldn't listen." He took a deep breath and turned away, pressing his back to the glass wall with his arms tightly folded over his chest and his head hanging with both exhaustion and regret. "Three guards didn't make it when their hearts stopped. They couldn't touch her, obviously, so they took her down with an ICER, but her mind was still active. They couldn't control her so they had to knock her out enough to slow her brain."