8 : Unknown Problems

8 - Unknown Problems

You hear knocks on your front door. You pull yourself up, go to the door, and open it. It's your boyfriend, Riker.

"Why haven't you been answering any of my calls, or texts, or snapchats, or-"

"Riker, stop."

He looks at you, finally realizing something's wrong.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

He closes the front door, grabs your arm, and brings you over to the couch. He sits down, and you sit down beside him, not saying anything. An awkward silence fills the room.

"You know... You can tell me what's going on... Did I do something?" Riker asks.

"No..."

"Please tell me. I just want to help."

"Riker, I know you're my boyfriend, but sometimes I don't want to tell you everything. I just want you to be here for me, and cuddle with me, and love me even though I don't want to tell you."

"It's something with your parents again, isn't it?"

You jump out of his arms, and stand up.

"Get out."

Riker looks up at you, pleading with his eyes to stay.

"Please give me another chance. I won't ask about it, I won't talk about it, and I won't even think about it."

You sigh, and sink back into the couch next to him. He pulls you tightly into his arms, and kisses the top of your head.

"Did you want to do something? We could play a game or watch a movie."

"A movie sounds fine..."

"Do you want to pick?"

"No, Riker. I don't care."

Riker puts on Pirates of the Caribbean.

"Seriously?" You ask.

"Well I already know what happens, so now I can spend more time paying attention to you."

You smile slightly, and wrap your arms around him. You end up falling asleep in his arms, forgetting about your problems.