44 : You get scared

44 - You get scared

Your parents left you home alone for the weekend, and you're perfectly fine with that because you have a huge history paper you need to write.

It was Friday night, and you were currently in your room, procrastinating a little. You wanted to get the paper written tonight so you wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the weekend. But you were more interested in watching random YouTube videos at the moment...

After a while, you finally start the paper. Everything is silent except for the sounds the keys make when you type.

And then you swear you hear creaking coming from downstairs.

You stop typing, and wait a minute, listening for the noise again. And now it sounds like footsteps.

You silently walk out your door and sneak over to the top of the steps. You hear another creak, and immediately call your boyfriend, Riker on your phone.

"Hello?"

"Riker?" You whisper.

"What? I can barely hear you."

"I think someone's in my house. I can hear them walking around downstairs."

"Ok, I'll be there as fast as I can. Do not hang up. Where are you?"

"At the top of the stairs."

"What!? Get in your bedroom!"

"I want to know if the murderer is coming for me."

"Get in your bedroom now! And lock the door!"

"Ok, ok, I'm going."

You creep back to your bedroom, and lock the door.

"Are you there?"

"Yes. I'm in my bedroom, and I locked the door."

"Ok, now shut off the lights so they won't know what room you're in."

You shut off the lights.

"Now hide in your closet. I'm like a minute away."

You hide in the very back of your closet.

"Ok. I'm hanging up. I'm parking. Be there in a few seconds."

You put your phone in your pocket and wait. All of a sudden you hear a loud bang from downstairs. The whole house shakes.

It sounded like the front door being thrown open. You roll your eyes. Riker should be taking a more subtle approach in your opinion.

You hear him throwing random doors open down there. All of a sudden, you hear your door fly open, but you still hear Riker downstairs.

You pull some clothes over yourself. What if the murderer is in your room, trying to hide from Riker?

The lights go on, and the closet door opens. You try to stay still, but you're shaking.

The clothes are pulled off of you, and someone grabs your hand, making you scream.

"Hey, it's ok. It's just me."

You look up and see Rocky. You jump up and hug him.

"I thought you were a murderer!"

"Uh... Nope. Riker just brought me for backup."

You sigh in relief, and hold onto Rocky. You're still a little freaked out.

A few minutes later, Riker walks in.

"Hey, um... I didn't see anyone. Are you sure there was someone in here?"

"No... I thought I heard someone. But maybe my mind was just playing tricks on me."

"How about you come stay at our place for the weekend? I'll go sleep on the couch, and you can sleep in our room with Riker?" Rocky suggests.

"Thanks. Let me just grab some stuff."

You quickly pack a bag, and leave with Riker and Rocky. When you get back to their house, you go upstairs with Riker. He pushes his and Rocky's bed together while you get changed. You and Riker crawl into bed. Riker holds you in his arms, protecting you. You fall asleep, feeling safe in his arms.