9 : Hot

9 - Hot

"I feel like I'm melting," your boyfriend, Riker groaned.

You sighed. He's been whining all day. But in his defense, it was pretty hot out. You were on a mini vacation with him at a cabin in the mountains, and there was no air conditioning.

"Riker-"

"I'm going to die of dehydration."

You sighed, and got up. You walked over to him laying on the couch. He was only in his shorts, and there was a thin layer of sweat all over his body.

"We could go swimming in the lake down the road. We have to walk there though."

Riker groaned.

"What? We could cool off a little," you say.

"I don't feel like moving. I feel like a puddle."

You laughed slightly, and grabbed both of his hands. You pull him off the couch, and into the bathroom. You go get his swimsuit and bring it to him.

"Change, and then I'll meet you in the kitchen, ok?" You ask.

"Fine..."

You roll your eyes, and head to the bedroom to go get changed.

You meet Riker back in the kitchen. He's laying on the floor with his eyes closed.

"Riker, what are you doing?"

"I melted..."

"Riker..."

You grab his hands and pull him up again. You drag him out the door and up the road towards the lake, which happens to be uphill.

"It seriously feels like I'm dying," Riker groans.

"Oh shush. We're almost there."

You finally get to the lake, and drag Riker over. You both stand at the edge.

"What if there are snapping turtles in there? Or snakes? Or-"

"Riker."

"What?"

"Just get in the lake already and stop worrying."

You give him a shove, and he ends up tripping over his own feet, and falling into the water.

"So how's the water?" You ask once he comes back to the surface.

"Why don't you find out for yourself!"

Riker lunges towards you, picks you up in his arms, and throws you into the water. You scream as you hit the surface.

"It's cold!" You scream, standing up.

"No, it's not! It feels great!"

He comes over to you, wraps his arms around your stomach, and spins you around.

You spend the rest of the day in the lake with Riker. And then you finally walk back to your cabin for the night.

It's cooler out now, and you both change into some comfy pjs. You walk into the bedroom to find Riker in bed.

"You look comfy," you say, smiling at him.

"I'd be comfier if you were next to me."

You walk over, and slip into the bed beside him. He wraps his arms around you, and holds you close to him. You lay your head on his chest, and fall asleep like that.