12 : You cry during a fight

12 - You cry during a fight 

You'd just spent the last 20 minutes fighting with Riker. It wasn't really over 1 thing. It was a bunch of little things.

"I don't get why you think it's so important to know where I am 24/7!" Riker shouted.

"Riker-"

"No! Listen to me! Why are you so concerned!? Are you jealous or something? Do you not trust me!?"

"Riker, what if you're hurt!? How will I know where to find you!? I only want to know where you are because I love you!"

You finally broke into tears. You'd been holding them in ever since Riker started yelling.

"No, oh god no. Please don't cry!" Riker said, rushing over to you.

You hid your face in your hands, stepping away from Riker.

"Please. I'm sorry, ok? I hate when we fight. Please don't cry. It breaks my heart," Riker said, his voice cracking at the end.

He tried walking closer to you again, and you let him wrap his arms around you.

"Please stop crying. I'm so sorry. God, you're making me feel so guilty."

You wrap your arms around him, and turn your head into his chest. He holds onto you tighter as you calm down. You can hear his heart hammering in his chest. He always gets super nervous when you cry.

"I'm sorry, ok?" Riker asks, quietly.

"I just want to go to bed, Rik."

He sighed. But you can still hear his heart beating pretty quickly.

You pull away from him, and meet his eyes. His eyes look so sad, hurt, and guilty.

"Can I please come? We don't have to talk about this anymore. I just want to hold you in my arms," Riker says.

"Ok," you say, quietly.

He silently follows you up to bed. As soon as you both get in, he wraps his arms around you firmly. You know he likes the feeling of protecting you. And he loves cuddles.

"Can I please have my goodnight kiss?" Riker asks, quietly.

You turn to face him. His eyes are pleading.

You move a little closer, and kiss his lips. After a few seconds, you pull away, and stare into his eyes. You know he's genuinely sorry. It's rare you guys fight, and even rarer that Riker yells. And after every fight, he always gets really guilty, and beats himself up for it.

"I love you," he whispers.

You know he is literally dying to hear you say those words back. You pause, just to torture him for yelling at you.

"Love you too, Rikes."

He instantly smiles, and cuddles closer to you.

"Night," he mumbles into your shoulder.

"Night, Riker."