25 : Jealousy

25 - Jealousy

You silently walk up behind your boyfriend Riker, who is sitting on the couch. Your intention was to scare him, but now you're curious as to why he's looking at a picture of your best guy friend on his phone.

"What are you doing?" You ask, ripping the phone from Riker's hands.

"Hey, give that back!"

"Nope."

You look at his phone.

"Why are you on his instagram?"

"I don't know! Can I please have my phone back now?"

"Riker, you're looking at pictures of us."

Riker leans over the couch, and grabs his phone back. You walk around, and sit on the couch, pulling him down next to you.

"Talk to me," you say, staring into his eyes.

"I don't know what to say."

"Why were you on his instagram?"

"I don't know. I was just..."

"Jealous?"

"Maybe," he whispered.

"Why?"

"You keep going out to lunch with him, and hanging out at his house, and you're always texting him..."

"Riker, he's my best friend."

"I'm supposed to be your best friend!"

"Riker... You're my boyfriend. You can't be both."

He sighed.

"I wish you'd give me more attention."

"Riker, half the time, all you want to talk about is band stuff. I don't understand most of it. You keep trying to explain chords, and notes, and whatever else it is you talk about, and I just don't care. I know you like it, and I try to be polite, but I don't care."

"Well then why don't you just go date your best friend?"

"Because I don't love him. I love you, Riker. Even though I don't understand all the music terminology and stuff, I still love seeing you so passionate about it. I love when you sing to me. I might not understand what goes into making a song, but I can appreciate your hard work."

"I just get scared you're falling for him, and you're falling out of love with me."

"Riker... That's never going to happen. I love you, and I love almost everything about you."

"Yeah, see that's it right there. You love almost everything. Not everything."

"Riker, I can't love everything about you."

"Well name a few things. I'm curious."

"Um, burping at the dinner table. Not texting me back right away, especially when you're late, and I'm worried about you. Uh... When you bring mud into the house. I always tell you to take off your shoes, and you never do."

"Ok... I can settle on you liking almost everything about me."

You smile at him.

"Really, Rik. I like you, not him."

"Well... Just to prove it to me, could I have a kiss?"

"Sure, Rik."

You both lean closer, and you kiss his lips. You feel him smiling into it.

You both pull apart.

"See? I love you, Riker."

"Good, because I love you too."