62 : Sprained ankle

62 - Sprained ankle

"Come on, Rik. We'll be late for the movie," you say, walking towards the stairs.

"I'm coming!"

Riker follows you out of his bedroom.

"Tie your shoes," you say, starting to walk downstairs.

"I'll tie them in the car."

You and him go down the stairs. But before Riker can get to the bottom, he trips on his shoelaces, and falls.

"Ow!"

"Are you ok?"

"My ankle!"

"I told you to tie your shoes!"

"No, seriously! It really hurts!"

"Really?"

"Seriously, something's wrong. Ow!"

Riker's clutching his ankle tightly. You've seen him in pain before, but this seems worse.

"Can you move it?" You ask.

He's able to move his foot, but you can tell it really hurts.

"Rik, I think maybe you sprained your ankle."

"No. I'm fine. I'll be ok. Can you please help me up?"

You put your hands under his arms, and help him stand. He tries to walk, but almost falls again.

"I can't walk on it. I don't think I'm going to make it to the movies..."

"It's ok, Riker. Let's try to get to the couch."

You support him as he hops on his other foot to the couch. He flops down, being careful of his ankle.

You gently take off his shoe, and you can already tell his ankle is swollen.

"Do you want me to wrap your ankle?"

"Yes, please."

You go upstairs to get the first aid kit. Then you go back downstairs, and wrap his ankle. You get him some ice to hold on it too.

"Thanks... I guess maybe I should be more careful next time."

He sighs, and leans back against the couch. You sit next to him.

"Sorry I ruined movie night..." He mumbles.

"It's ok. We can have our own movie night right here. Why don't you pick out a movie on Netflix, and I'll go make popcorn."

"Ok. Thanks," he says, smiling.

"You're welcome, Rik."

You hand him the remote, and then go to the kitchen to make popcorn and get drinks.

After you're done making popcorn, you bring it to the living room, and sit next to Riker again.

"Did you pick a movie?"

"Yup."

You put the bowl of popcorn on his lap, and cuddle into his side as he puts the movie on.

"Thanks for not being mad about this," Riker says.

"It's fine, Riker. Accidents happen."

He turns and kisses you. And then you both have your movie night together.