Behzinga Imagine AU (Part 3)

Ethan's P.O.V

Today's the football championship game. I invited my dad, because I want him to be there for Thomas. I want to give Thomas our full support. Cal did the same thing like last time. The huddle, the shouting, and the cheering. (Y/N) and I saw Jodi riding a bike and getting down from it. She was holding a cardboard, the front of the cardboard facing her.

"Your son's still the water boy?" my dad asked.

"He'll be playing on the field just wait for it." I said.

My dad got up to leave and I stopped him before he did.

"You've never been to any of my football games. You never supported me. You were never there for me! I don't want you to do the same thing to Thomas. So please, stay." I begged.

"Okay." With that, my dad sat back down and watched.

The game was getting pretty bad for Thomas' team. One of the players of their team got tripped over by one of the guys on the other team. Cal and Thomas immediately helped him up, because it was really bad that he might've sprained his ankle. Two guys from their team carried the boy who tripped and brought him to the bench where Thomas usually sits. Thomas gave the guy some water as Cal spoke to the referee. The referee, whose name was Harry, was my close friend also. Cal, him, and I were really close friends. I overheard their conversation, and Cal said that the game should continue with one man down. The other team had 12 players, while they only had 11. This means, Thomas gets to play.

"Hey Harry!" I called the referee.

"Yes?"

"Why don't you put Payne on the field, yeah?" I asked.

"Does he play?" Harry asked as he looked at Thomas who was comforting the kid who sprained his ankle.

"Yeah. He does." I nodded.

With that, Harry went back to Cal to let Thomas play.

"Cal! Is he on your team?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, but-"

"Then he plays." Harry said and ran off.

Cal looked at Thomas and said, "Okay Payne. You're up!"

(Y/N) and I were really excited at this point. My dad sat up straight when he heard.

Thomas looked at Cal and immediately ran up to him.

"I want you to stay right here. Don't move." Cal said as he brought Thomas to the field.

The game started to get pretty intense and Thomas followed what Cal said. He's literally just standing there. "You're doing great, Payne!" Cal clapped.

"Psst! Thomas!" I whispered. He looked at me, and I said, "Move your feet. Eyes on the ball."

Thomas did just that, but when Cal saw that he was moving he flipped out and said, "No, stay there. Don't move."

Then he stopped moving. And then it turned into war of who Thomas should listen to. Thomas just did whatever Cal and I told him.

"Move around, son!"

"No, stay there!"

"Move your feet."

"Don't listen to your father!"

"Eyes on the ball."

The ball stopped at Thomas' feet and I shouted, "Kick the ball!"