Michael Clifford Imagine!

A/N: Based on my friend's poem.

Here's the poem she wrote:

Little boy, little boy

Staring out the window,

Won't you come out and play?

Little lass has been waiting long,

Yet you hide and hide all day

Little boy, little boy

Right behind the screen,

Won't you put down your game?

Little lass has been waiting long

On her phone, awaiting your name

Little boy, little boy

Out on the doorstep,

You wouldn't like what she'll say

Little lass has done her waiting

It's time that you walk away

*

She was eleven years old, and in love. People told her that it was just a silly crush that would fade away soon, but it didn't. She met him at the nearby playground, playing with his cousin. She wanted to approach him, but she didn't know how. Gathering up confidence, she walked up to the boy she had her eyes on and his cousin and asked if she could join them. They bonded in a game of hide and seek. The little boy's cousin closed his eyes and counted from 1-10, while the little boy and the little girl hid under the slide. The little boy and the little girl made small talk with each other. She learned that his name was Michael. The little boy's cousin eventually found them under the slide and they squealed in joy as they ran. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days, days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months, she found herself being obvious about the fact that she likes him. Of course, little Michael didn't care that much about her.

She was seventeen years old, and still in love. Still in love with the same boy she met at the playground six years ago. They go to the same school, but they don't talk to each other. It's as if they never became friends; as if they never met before. Although, they do have each other's cellphone number. Sometimes they exchange text messages. Michael only texted her whenever he had questions about school. Other than that, he never texted her. In short, Michael's your typical lad. He went out with his friends every Friday, sometimes he'd go to the skate park to skateboard, he played video games, he plays guitar, he sings, and he's lazy. To be honest he can just be any guy, but to her, he's the one she's always wanted. She's always waiting for a text from Michael even though it's just a Chemistry question, at least it's a text from him. Sometimes she'd wait late at night in hopes that he might text her something random or something he had in mind. Although he didn't really know or figure out about her strong feelings for him, he'd sometimes talk to her about this girl he met at the mall. Yes, it hurt to know that he liked someone else. Who could blame him? He didn't even know about her feelings. She doesn't own him. He's allowed to like someone else. Was she jealous? Of course, but there's really nothing she could do. She didn't want to ruin their friendship if she told him how she felt.

She's now twenty one years old, and not in love. He's twenty one years old, and in love with the girl who loved him...or used to. The girl eventually realized her worth and moved on from the boy she loved to the moon and back. The boy she fell in love with her whole life is now standing outside her house, ready to tell her how he feels. The girl opened the door and to say that the girl is shocked is an understatement. She's fed up waiting on the boy to like her, and now that it happened, it's too late. The girl told him everything, and that includes moving on from him. He tried to tell her that he was sorry and that what's important now is that he finally realizes she's been there this whole time. The girl's not having any of it and told him to just leave.

* * * *

A/N: Sorry for the short imagine. Idek if I should call it an imagine, but meh.

If you liked this, please vote. Feel free to comment.

Follow my friend catch22clifford who wrote the poem!

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh

Friend's Tumblr: poeticmgc