Bradley Simpson Imagine AU (Part 4)

A/N: Slight mention of Harry Styles and Liam Payne in this part.

* * * *

You barged in Henry and Sarah's room with the ham behind your back. All three kids were there, and it's perfect. Henry and Audrey were binge watching YouTube videos of ThatcherJoe (Joe Sugg) whilst Sarah was on her bed.

"Do we have mustard?" you asked cheerfully.

"I don't know. Why?" Henry asked, smiling with Audrey.

"We've got ham!" you cheered and showed them the ham.

Audrey and Henry smiled, but looked at you weirdly. 

"I sold a car!" you grinned. Henry and Audrey gasped and congratulated you. 

You hugged Henry and Audrey, when you noticed Sarah feeling blue. You let go of the two kids, and sat on Sarah's bed. Henry and Audrey sat back down in front of the computer watching YouTube videos. (a/n: *insert fave YouTuber*)

"What's up?" you asked softly.

"Hippo's mommy and daddy are still on vacation." Sarah replied.

You looked at Henry and Audrey. Once they saw the look on your face, they understood. 

"We're gonna go slice the ham." Audrey said as she got the ham and went out of the room followed by Henry. You looked back at Sarah and said, "They've been gone a long time."

"That's because they went really far away." Sarah said sadly.

"Where did they go?" you asked her even though you already knew. She didn't answer. She fumbled with Hippo's ribbon around its neck. "Honey, where did they go?" you asked again.

"Heaven." she answered simply.

"That's right, sweetie." you smiled sadly at her.

"And now, there's no one to give him a birthday party." Sarah said looking at you.

"When's Hippo's birthday?" you asked.

"Today." Sarah said.

"Today?! Why didn't you tell me? I'll cook the ham some other time. Let's go out to celebrate." you smiled at her.

Goodbye delicious ham. Looks like you'll be in the fridge. 

You're now sat in a restaurant with the three kids and Hippo, of course.

"Say 'Hippo'!" the waiter said as he took your picture.

"Hippo!" you all said. You gotta admit it was cringe worthy,  but it was for Sarah anyway.

The waiter, Connor, was a really good friend of yours so he was able to get you  guys a decent table even though you weren't able to get a reservation first.

"Thank you so much for doing this, Con. Especially on short notice." you thanked him. Bless Connor Ball's heart. Bless him.

"It's no problem. I'd do anything for you, Y/N! We're best friends!" Connor smiled at you. "You seem to be hanging out with a new crowd." he added as he looked at the kids.

"Oh, yeah. Today's a very special day. You see, it's Hippo's b-" you weren't able to finish your sentence, because Connor interrupted you.

"I'm really sorry to interrupt you, Y/N. But I have to go now. The VIPs are here. I'm really sorry." Connor said sadly. You knew you weren't going to be angry at him for too long. How could you possibly get angry at him for too long when he looks like a lost puppy? 

 How could you possibly get angry at him for too long when he looks like a lost puppy?