Writing Prompt #16

Title: Two Birds on a Wire

Info: Literally the song is stuck in my head and I have to write a story to it right? So Star and Marco are Besties since childhood but as soon as they are teens things seem to turn a different course for them? Twist ending? Who knows?

Word count: 760

Song: Two birds on a Wire-Regina Spektor

Marco Pov (7 years old)

Two Birds on a wire..

I giggle as I watch her run into the woods but I just stood there watching her disappear, I was scared and didn't feel brave enough to be able to run like her

One tries to fly away and the other watches her close from that wire..

I heard leaves and branches breaking as I see her smiling at me and giving me a look to follow but I couldn't not even a inch "Come on Marco, there's a pond in the words that have very pretty fish" she walks near me and looks at me "I want to go, but I'm scared.."

He says he wants to as well but he is a liar..

Star Hughes me tight and kissed my cheek as her eyes looked right into my own "You don't need to be afraid I'm here with you, i promise you I won't let anything hurt you" she held out her hand and I slowly took it as I held it tight and smiled at her

I'll believe it all there's nothing I won't understand..

I'll believe it all..I won't let go of your hand..

Time skip~ 10 years old

I smiled each time she would sing or dance around the pond we went to as kids..but something seemed to change, she would run out of breath or couldn't keep up with me I would ask but she would say she's fine"That cough sounds bad star..are you getting a cold or an allergy?" She clears her throat "I'm fine Marco, Just a little tired" the light in her eyes seem to fade each time I looked at them her hair looks to lose its brighter color and her cheeks losing its lush pink "Okay" I groan whenever she wouldn't tell me but I can't bother her because she'll get mad..

Two Birds on a wire..one says c'mon and the other says 'I'm tired'

The sky is overcast and I'm sorry..

I heard the rumble of thunder roar through the woods and I looked down at star who was holding herself and shaking, I slowly put my jacket around her and give her smile as she looks at me "But won't you get cold and wet?" I chuckle a bit and held out my hand..

I'll believe it all there's nothing i won't understand..

I'll believe it all..I won't let go of your hand..

Time skip~17 years old

We barely hung out anymore, I would ask her to come and hang but she always said she was tired or was busy, I've started to forget what she looked like and I missed her sapphire blue eyes that always used to light me up, thinking back to when I was little and afraid of everything she would always tell me she'll keep me safe..what's the point of I feel alone?

Two Birds on a wire..
One tries to fly away and the other

Watched her close from that wire..
He says he wants to as well, but he is a liar..

I cried as I looked at my best friend covered in wires and hooked up to fluids everything was 'fine' she said and that it was just a cold I never knew she meant this? "You said it was just a cold.." I say trying to hold back warm tears as I held her hand, her pluse was fading and the look in her eyes as she looked at me and seeing tears run down her cheek "I'm..sorry" she manages to say before holding tightly on my hand..
"You promised we stay together forever, this wasn't the plan star" I yelled a bit as she cried I wiped her face "I'm sorry.." as the words left her sweet mouth I heard last of her breath leave and the monitor signaling she was gone..

Two Birds on a wire..one tried to fly away and the other...

A/n kinda depressing but it came in my mind and I hoped you liked it and i only used snipets of the song in there anyways bye 😄